Chapter One

"Our secret moments in your crowded room

The got no idea about me and you

There is an indention in the shape of you

Made your mark on me, a golden tattoo."

You stare at your phone through squinted eyes as you wait for Jimin to situate himself in his dorm room. With the front side camera shaking from the way he's haphazardly holding his phone, you could've easily gotten motion sickness from it.

"Can you hear me? Better yet, can you see me?" Jimin asks while peering way too close to the screen, causing his face to blur out of focus.

"Will you just keep your ass still?" You remark in an exasperated tone.

Jimin makes a face at you while sticking his tongue out before sitting back in his chair. This isn't your first time video calling him, but every time it's like you have to instruct him on how to go about it.

It's been a few weeks since you left for isn't the first time either of you had done a video call, but it seems that you have to walk Jimin through the steps of setting up his phone before you can actually have a conversation with him. It's why you prefer to text him–that he can accomplish with no issue. However, you missed seeing his face, so you gritted your teeth and gave him a call.

You had left for Massacheusettes a few weeks ago. You were given a scholarship to attend Uni there, leaving Jimin back in South Korea where he was attending university. Officially, the two of you were siblings due to your mom marrying his dad. However, your bond with Jimin extended beyond that. The both of you were best friends. You shared everything with Jimin and vice versa. Neither of you kept secrets, much to your dismay, you know a lot about Jimin that you wish you hadn't.

"What's it like in Massacheusettes?" Jimin asks once he's settled in his chair. He combs through his hair before shaking it out.

You offer a small shrug. "It's not too bad. My roommate has taken it upon herself to show me around. She's been super kind to me since I've arrived." You reply honestly.

It was the truth. Your roommate, Naomi, was a sweet girl who grew up in the area and even took you out a few times to meet her friends. It was a warm welcome for being in a place where you knew no one.

You had been excited at first to be on your own. Venturing outside of where you grew up had always been a dream of yours. You had just wished that Jimin had come along. At least then, you'd have your partner in crime beside you.

"You miss the food we have here, don't you?" Jimin asks, a smirk adorning his features.

"You have no idea! I've scoured the neighborhood for something that's close to the food back home, but no such luck." You sigh dramatically.

Jimin breathes out an amused snort. "Look at you making friends! I'm both shocked and proud." He remarks teasingly. "Seriously, it's nice to see you come out of your shell. You normally hole yourself away until you're forced to go outside."