Chapter 1: 3D2Y

A clashing of blades rang loudly through the forest pulsing a ferocious rhythm.

"Loosen your grip! You only tighten your grip when striking your opponent."

Y/n growled in frustration. "If I do that then I'll drop my sword!" She shouted.

"Focus!"

Almost a month ago, one tragedy after another fell upon the Straw Hat Pirates. Before the crew could descend to Fishman Island, they had to make a detour to the Sabaody Archipelago. There, they would learn their ship needed a coating made from its Mangrove trees' resin to protect themselves from the pressure of the deep depths. Before they could attain this coating, the crew faced battle after battle from both rivals and enemies alike. These rivals would be labeled "The Worst Generation" by the world government. Every one of these fierce pirates possessed the same goal of reaching the New World in hopes of reaching their own ambitious goals, taking the world by storm. This didn't sit well with the world government, and immediately took action.

After a dreadful confrontation between Captain Luffy and a high-class individual called a 'Celestial Dragon', a fearsome fleet of Navy ships arrived to attack and apprehend every pirate on the island. The Straw Hats gave their all in this war, but Luffy realized this was not a fight they could win, and ordered his crew to flee. They were not able to get far even with this bitter reality. The Navy sent in their merciless Pacifista weapons to destroy them, going so far as to also send Navy Admiral Kizaru to be sure of the pirates' defeat.

The Straw Hats were tragically backed into a corner. One by one, the Straw Hat Crew was blasted away by Pacifista model PX-0. Not all hope was lost thankfully, because this Pacifista known as Kuma still had some consciousness left in him. With the power of his devil fruit, the crew was spared. But now, the crew were separated from each other on islands all across the world.

"Relax your stance, you're too stiff!" Blades continued to clash against each other from strong opposing forces.

Y/n lept back to collect herself and relax her mind. "How's this?!" She lunged with lightning speed.

Not long ago, a News Coo flew over the island where this spare occurred. The headline featured a solemn scene of the remains of a battlefield where a devastating war took place. Standing in the center was a familiar face that was lowered to pay respect to the fallen; his straw hat was placed honorably over his heart. The young man was badly injured, but despite this and the visible soldiers there to apprehend him he still stood to honor the dead. He had an alternative purpose, however...a purpose only a certain pirate crew would be able to recognize from the cryptic writing on his arm. 3D2Y. The swordsman Mihawk who takes residence on this island confessed that he took part in the war dubbed "The War of the Best." He shared some devastating news that broke Zoro's heart. Luffy's brother Ace had died in his arms on the battlefield. Since that day, Zoro hasn't been the same. When Y/n tried to console him, he just became furious and told her the meaning of 3D2Y in a breakdown of emotions. Since that day, Zoro has not expressed any emotion other than determination.

Instead of meeting back in Sabaody in the original 3-day time frame, the Straw Hats would instead remain where they are for 2 years. They would train and prepare themselves continuously for the day they inevitably reunite to once again take on the New World. And that is just what Y/n and Zoro currently are doing.

With a swift and powerful blow, y/n was sent skidding across the ground. She grumbled into the dirt from both the pain and her consistent failures.

"Get up." Zoro stood strong in his stance with one sword at the ready. "Again."

Holding back tears, she stumbled back up to her feet. She breathed heavily from exhaustion, glaring at her green-haired teacher with disgust. This man was still incredibly injured from all they'd been through on this island, and despite all of that he stood strong and held his own without a complaint.