The Perfectionist

It was the spring season, where colourful blossoms adorned the entire country. 

In a quaint atelier, Emma sat gracefully on a chair, adorned in a simple yet elegant long gown. Her artistic sanctuary was brimming with canvases and various painting tools. With a paintbrush in hand, Emma delicately stroked the canvas, completely absorbed in bringing to life the vivid image that danced within her imagination. Her focused gaze remained fixed on the canvas as she poured her heart and soul into the creation. Meanwhile, Professor Joe observed Emma with keen interest, her eyes fixed on Emma as she adjusted her goggles. With a gentle tone, she said, "Dear, when it comes to shading, remember that the colour should subtly darken, layer by layer, compared to the object. Avoid going overboard. This gradual darkening will create a distinct separation from the shadows. And always keep in mind the direction of light falling on the object; it will bring an element of realism to your artwork." Emma nodded, absorbing her words, eager to apply the guidance to her artistic process.

" Emma nodded, absorbing her words, eager to apply the guidance to her artistic process

Professor Joe was an elderly woman who had mastered literature and arts.She is an expert in art and holds greatest painting records of her time.Professor Joe was Emma's teacher for painting. Under her guidance, Emma haddeveloped good painting skills. Although Emma had won many rewards in school'spainting competitions, she had to continue the regular practice of art as animportant event was approaching.

Soon the session of the day was completed and professor Joe took her leave. Emma was still practicing in the atelier when Penelope entered, "Mam, sorry to interrupt but your grandma has just returned from overseas. She wants to see you". Emma still focused on her painting, without looking at Penelope she said, "I'm just done with the painting and will be there soon, and how many times should I say to stop addressing me 'mam' while you can just call me by my name, Afterall you're older than me."

Penelope had a faint smile after listening Emma's words. She was personal care taker of Emma since many years as she's one of the most trusted persons among the servants. She adores Emma and cares for her like a daughter. She answered Emma in a calm tone, "Although I have been taking care of you since years, it's still an indifferent fact that you're the granddaughter of chief, and so abiding by the rules and regulations, I'll address you as 'mam', so mam please come to the main hall, chief is waiting to see you". Upon hearing Penelope, Emma was annoyed. She gave a 'I'm so done' look to Penelope before putting her paint brush firmly on the table near her and sighed "Fine". She got up and walked out of the atelier while Penelope followed her.

 She got up and walked out of the atelier while Penelope followed her