Chapter 42

With a silly grin on my face, I entered the dorm room and found Ava and Grace smoking a cigarette.

My smile disappeared, instantly.

Aiden and Ava kissing each other on the night of the party flashed in front of my eyes. This was the first time, I had encountered her after that party night, and in an instant, strong dislike and distrust rolled inside my body.

Ava was the first one to notice my presence at the entrance. Cautiously and promptly, I walked inside. Ava was leaning on the bed, with one hand wrapped around a cigarette and the other examining her nails while reclining on the floor, and Grace was in the exact position next to her. Her head was drooping and her face flushed, she was intoxicated, lethally intoxicated.

The mirth and glow of this fine morning shouldn't be ruined by Ava's undesirable attention to me, so I stepped in direction of my room.

" So, is it true, sweet innocent girl that Aiden loves you?" Her remark stopped me from taking a further step ahead, I tilted my head in her way.

" I don't see this as your concern, it's between him and me," the examination of her nails stopped and a scowl accumulated on her face, hearing my straightforward outcome. She rose from her place while taking a drag from the cigarette and approached me.

" Sweet girl is no sweeter anymore, I see," she said, before blowing the smoke on my face. I looked away as the sharp smoke smell hit my nostril. I wanted to cough badly, like very badly as the bitter smoke reached my throat, however, I would never give her the satisfaction of knowing she have some kind of effect on me. I wasn't looking out for any conflict, so I decided to leave for my room without encouraging this verbal confrontation, however, she had some other plans.

"He is a very smart talented man and when I am talking about his talents, I assure you that limitation doesn't exceed till business but also in the bedroom, he has that kind of tongue that makes women go crazy and I have a good amount of experience and don't get me to start the way his dick fits inside me. And his fingers-"

I stopped hearing her, my heart stopped at her discourse, I always knew Aiden had a history with many girls yet this truth never fails to hurt me, and build doubts in my head. I knew she was saying this to get under my skin and she was mildly in the succession, however, morning and the night before flashed in front of my eyes, the way we communicated differently, in a profound manner which he never had done before and that was enough to obliterate the mist of qualms.

" Yes, maybe he has a past with you but his present is me." I smirked as hers vanished, my heart rejoicing in delight. Confidence settled down as my shoulders lifted standing face to face with her, the proudness to speak my mind in front of her was beyond the sky. Her eyes infinitesimally narrowed at me and the lit cigarette crumbled under her foot.

" He only knows how to destroy and that is what he is going to do, he will break you," she said, venomously.

"Are you sure? You just know what he shows but I know beyond that." I could see the frustration building in her eyes, she wanted me to shrivel into words and fear the future with Aiden, however, she doesn't know what Aiden and I went through to reach the place where we were today, I won't easily give up and she must know.

"Standing up for him? You are going regret it, you would wish you never met him and I would love to watch how he will break your fragile heart." She looked straight into my eyes and a shiver went through my body with the certainty her voice held, yet I stood on the ground with my chin high and no evidence of fear on the face. She dismissively waved her hand in the air and whirling around she reclined next to Grace.

Grace staring at me, with dull eyes I might say. She kept gazing and gazing never blinking. I realized in the entire argument she never come to my defense like every time she had come. I certainly know that it wasn't her obligation to help me, nevertheless, she was always there. So, what happened now? Maybe she was deep under the influence of heavy intoxication.