3/21/86

i couldn't write yesterday bc i had extra hours at the cafe :(

today was the pep rally. it was the first thing we had this morning. i was late again, so i had to do my makeup in steve's car. yesterday at the cafe i ranted about y/n to steve. now he was trying to convince me that y/n was definitely lesbian. 

i was putting on mascara while he rambled about his girlfriend or someone he dated or someone he is dating or about to? i don't know. too many girls in his life. 

"robin, are you listening to me?" he shouted. i scrambled to try and remember what he was talking about. 

"uh, yes! i'm i'm listening!" i stammered.

"what did i say? what did i just say to you?" he overlapped. i rolled my eyes.

"you said something about sex with- with linda!"

"no!" he exaggerated. "i'm talking about heidi!" he laughed a little. 

"cut me some slack! please! your love life is one of labyrinthine complexity, and it is seven in the morning, we have to go to the stupid pep rally, and i woke up looking like a total corpse!" i complained and rubbed my hands over my face. 

"you're worried about a basketball pep rally? you expect me to believe that?" he questioned, taking his eyes of the road to look at me. 

"yeah... so?" i bent down to get my lip gloss out of my bag. 

"sooo, we both know what this is about! okay? i'm not buying that bullshit, this is about y/n!"

"absolutely not!" i had told him everything about y/n last night during our shift, now he was obsessed with us two. steve looked at me with 'the face'. 

"fine maybe a little," i gave in. steve threw his hands in the air, signaling he knew it. "a little!" 

"only a little? robin, the way you spoke about her yesterday, i haven't even heard mike speak that way about el!" steve rambled. i sighed. maybe this was all about y/n. i mean, she's the only thing i've been thinking about lately! "she is definitely not the wrong girl," steve continued.

"we just don't know that, do we?" i looked at steve, stating. steve rolled his eyes and sped into the hawkins high school parking lot. i opened the car door once steve stopped. i yelled to my friends to wait for me as i ran. 

i was practicing my trumpet when the cheer team walked through the doors. y/n was halfway in the front of everyone. she ran outwards from the group and did a huge roundoff backhand spring. a few others joined in. y/n looked at me and waved. i smiled, thinking about what had happened yesterday.

i sat down at the table i sat at daily. out the corner of my eye i saw y/n being pushed towards me. she was giggling and trying to retreat, but it seemed like she wanted to come over. it looked like she gave in and came over to me. 

"hi!" she beamed and sat across from me. 

"hello,"  i dragged. i saw y/n look back to her friends. "look, if you wanna eat with them, that's totally fine wi-" 

"i want to be here," she cut me off. "i really do." that sentence repeated over and over inside my head. i blushed and smiled. 

before i knew it, the pep rally was beginning. i played my trumpet as best as i could. my eyes were glued to y/n. she was so, mesmerizing. 

every movement her body made drew me in. i quickly looked away, worried if i didn't stop now, i would never. soon, the basketball team ran into the room and jason begun his speech. i wasn't paying until jason said the words i would never forget.

"y/n, y/n i love you babe." 

my world came crashing down at that moment.

why did i think that things could actually work for me for once?

why did i love y/n l/n?

(this was a little rushed and un-edited, but i hope you enjoyed bc happiness will come soon 😊)