Chapter 2

It was the 4th day of being away on the case, it had been a pretty rough one. You were currently sat across from Emily on the jet.

"Are you ok?". You let out a small sigh, bad cases always took a toll on you, but I guess that just made you human. "I will be, are you?". Emily replied with a quick 'yes' before she got back to looking through the files she had with her.

The flight was 3 hours long and somehow you managed to fall asleep. You had only slept a total of 10 hours in the last 4 days, so that would be the reason why you where currently out of it.

You suddenly awoke to a gentle tap to your shoulder, you opened your eyes to find Emily smiling at you. If it wasn't for her hand still on your shoulder, you would have thought that you were still dreaming, specifically about angels.

"We're about to land" Emily told you. You sat up and rubbed the sleep out of your eyes before getting ready to land.

....

"Guyssss, who's up for a few drinks, we definitely deserve them" Morgan loudly announced to everyone. It was currently 7.30pm and you'd basically finished your paperwork, you were debating wether or not to accept his offer.

Being as polite as ever you obviously had to accept because you loved drinks with the team, seeing Morgan and Garcia dance together was always so wholesome.

"Okay, you've twisted my arm, I'm in!". "Yes girlll, Emily, JJ, Reid, Rossi what about you?". Hotch was still in his office but you would bet most of your wage that he would decline the offer.

Everyone except JJ accepted, you where currently squashed in between Rossi and Reid. As you got into the club, you went straight to the bar with Emily following closely behind you. "The usual?" Emily asks you, to which you reply with yes.

Emily gave you your drink and you both went to meet the rest of the team at the table, which to no surprise whatsoever, already had Morgan and Garcia missing. You looked to your left to already see them on the dance floor.

3 whiskey and cokes later, 4 shots down, you where feeling a slight buzz. You could already feel a slight heat to your cheek. "Y/n come and dance with meeee, pleaseeee?" Emily whined into your ear.

Now if this was a situation in which you were sober, you would probably have made some excuse as to why you couldn't, but drunk you had other ideas.

You grabbed her hand and she led you to the dance floor. She put her hands on your waist so you put yours on her shoulders, you both started to swing and sway to the beat of the music.

After around 10 minutes of dancing, or maybe it could have been 5, you both let go and you made your way back to the table. You seemed to have sobered up a little because you suddenly started to panic.

What the hell had just happened, you just danced with Emily. Sure you were friends but you'd never even danced with another member of the team before. Thankfully, Rossi being your night in shining armour, had brought a round of shots to the table, you quickly downed 2.

"I saw you and Emily on the dance floor, you two looked great together". You literally nearly choked at that, "what do you mean?". Rossi always knew a lot more than what he appeared to, even regarding everyone on the team so you hoped that he didn't mean anything by it.

"Nothing just that you are both great dancers" he said whilst smirking. You decided to just not react or reply to him.

It was currently 1am and you, Morgan and Emily were the only 3 left and you knew your limits and you wanted to go home. "Guys, I'm going home, does anyone want to share a cab with me?". " Yes I will, two minutes let me get my jacket" Emily quickly went over to were she had left it. Morgan just said that he was going to stay, so it was just you and Em stood outside waiting for the taxi to arrive.

"I've had a great night y/n, we need to do this more often". You nodded with your agreement, the both of you standing in complete silence. 5 minutes later the taxi arrived and you both got into the car.

Due to where you lived you were the one who was going to be dropped off first. The taxi man pulled up outside your building, you turned to Emily to say night to her when she gave you a look that not even a profiler would even be able to understand.

"Goodnight y/n" she whispered. You went to reply but your voice came out as more like a squeal. Emily was giving you the most intense stare that you had ever seen from a person let alone Emily. Either it was your mind playing tricks on you or the effects of the alcohol, but you could swear that she was starting to lean into you.

Emily was inches away from your face, she was that close that you could feel her breath on you. You inhaled, but not before she seemed to act as if she had seen a ghost. Emily jolted back in her seat as you were left speechless.

"Night Em, I'll see you on Monday" you couldn't get out of the car quick enough. What the hell has just happened, did Emily Prentiss want to kiss me, or was it just my little crush playing up on me?.

—————

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! In the future when there is a case, I will be going into more detail but this was just to get the story started. Please leave feedback wether it's good or bad.