CHAPTER FIVE - TO NERSISYAN TO HOLD

CHAPTER FIVE : TO NERSISYAN TO HOLD

Adrian and Khloe waited until August 30, 2023, to throw their dream Armenian-American wedding, they married at The Breakers Palm Beach.

Surrounded by family and friends. It was truly memorable, with a traditional Armenian live band following the soon-to-be bride and groom from their hotel rooms to the ceremony.

The couple showcased their strength, love, and respect for one another throughout their entire day.

The wedding was stylish and overflowing with exceptional, luxurious taste.

The wedding took place with an estimated 250 guests. Every component of this wedding was lavish. Khloe wore a bespoke gown designed by Zuhair Murad. The detailed beading and jewels made her gown stand out along with her long train and she wore Adrian's mother's wedding veil with a sparkling headpiece.

The wedding ceremony lasted for approximately one hour. It consisted of: The Blessing of Rings; The Joining of the Right Hands: when the Priest joins the right hand of the bride to the right hand of the groom, symbolizing the sanctifying blessing of their union; The Vows: the priest asks the couple to respond three times to the inquiry; The Reading from Holy Scripture; The Crowning: the most showy ritual for the audience and the couple.

The Armenian wedding crowns placed upon the groom and the bride are of Biblical origin, the sign of glory and honor; The Common Cup: when the couple drinks wine from one cup that symbolizes that they will share in the joys and difficulties of life together; The Final Blessing: after the singing of the "Lord's Prayer", the newly married couple receives the blessing of the Lord.

After the church ceremony, Khloe and Adrian met Adrian's parents. Adrian's mother welcomes them first. One of the Armenian wedding traditions is to put lavash (traditional Armenian bread) on the newlywed's shoulders. The mother of the groom usually performs this rite with blessings plus invites the couple to eat honey. Eating a spoon of honey and keeping a lavash on the shoulders symbolizes happiness and good luck for newlyweds.

Also, she gives the couple a clean plate: they have to break it before entering the party place. Armenians believe that a broken plate at the wedding party brings the couple happiness.

Then it was the wedding photos with all the family and friends before heading to the reception.

While the couple is entering the banquet hall, the guests shower them with sweets, nuts, and coins for a warm welcome.

Khloe changed into a second dress at the reception. Khloe and Adrian performed a traditional Armenian dance.

It was important and special for them to incorporate their culture into their wedding. Of course, there were also Romanian, Italian, and Turkish wedding traditions incorporated into their wedding.

And next, John Legend and Christina Aguilera took the stage to perform for 30 minutes. Additionally, two Armenian singers performed at the wedding. Arman Hovhannisyan and Armenchik each performed for 15 minutes.

The wedding reception is a spectacular show with fireworks, special lighting, illumination, smoke bombs, music, and dances that don't stop during the whole banquet. It lasted until 4 in the morning.

Armenians are famous because of their flamboyant toasts and speeches. Traditionally at Armenian weddings, the most eloquent speakers are the father of the bride, kavor, best man, and other elder male family members. And Adrian's family proved that they can make a toast. There were a lot of toasts and wishes for happiness for the married couple.

Khloe and Adrian were proud of the moments of their big celebration because it will not be lost and unforgettable memories will stay with them for years.