Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Cassandra, they're gaining on us!"

Cassandra and Rapunzel were playing pirates and mermaids, a game they played together often in their makeshift sailboat while their mother was away.

"I'll stop the pirates!" Cassandra bravely declared, as she pulled out her pretend sword and easily fought off every last imaginary pirate that tried to take over their ship.

"Yay, Cassandra!" Rapunzel cried out. "I'll go save the mermaid!"

Rapunzel then went to the pirates' boat, which was really just a giant hole in the yard, and set their mermaid doll free from the ropes that imprisoned her.

"I did it!" Rapunzel called to Cassandra while she made her way back to her boat.

"Oh no!"

The pirates had trapped Rapunzel and her mermaid on their ship!

"Cassandra! Save me!"

"Don't worry, Rapunzel! I'll save you!"

Cassandra used her swinging rope to swing over to the pirate ship and knock every pirate off of their feet, like dominoes falling to the ground one after the other.

"Yay! You did it, Cassandra!"

"Eh, it was nothing," Cassandra shrugged. "Now, who else needs saving today?"

"Run!" Cassandra yelled to the horses, who were way ahead of her.

The once-beautiful flowers had meticulously morphed into giant, spider-like creatures that made victims into anything and everything that foolishly dared existing on their path.

Cassandra continued to sprint away from the Drexis, her breath quickly increasing its pace, as she tried to think of another plan.

"Adira was right, their fangs are as big as chubby toddlers!"

Cassandra then looked back to see that Max and Fidella had been spun into sticky cocoons, with no way to move or escape the Drexis, who soon came after Cassandra, hoping to force the princess into the same fate as her beloved horses.

"I'm not gonna be eaten by some stupid flower spider bat thing!"

Cassandra grabbed both horses, who were both still encased, and brought them to safety. Who knew being in a crisis situation by yourself brought about superhuman strength? She then drew her sword and tried fighting off the Drexis, but there were too many of them for her to hold off.

"There's still too many of them! What do I do?"

Cassandra had almost slipped back into the confines of self-loathing, but had fortunately noticed a land pit on the other side of the tree huddle she was trapped in.

"The land pits! Max, Fidella, we have to jump in that hole!"

Cassandra began to charge toward the cocooned horses, who were unsure about Cassandra's plan, but weren't able to protest, considering they couldn't even move. Cassandra mounted both horses on her back once more and raced towards the land pit, somehow dodging every Drexis that came her way.

When she finally made it to the land pit, Cassandra got ready to throw the horses in.

"Alright you two, are you ready? Set, brace yourself!"

Cassandra then threw both horses into the land pit before leaping over it, slicing a tree down, and jumping into the land pit herself just in time for the tree to fall on top of it, making it so the Drexis couldn't follow her into the unknown.