Proud

You followed Brulee deeper into her Mirror world, as she leads you to Katakuri, your Husband. There was no use in remembering the way, too complicated confusing anyways.

Your mind was clouded with worry for Katakuri. Only having heard of his defeat by accident, because of Brulee's rambling and mumbling while she searched for something. You asked Brulee instantly right away, pressuring her to take you to Katakuri. Begrudgingly she took you with her, after getting the first-aid kit.

Upon seeing Katakuri laying there, you sprinted the last few meters to him, skidding to a halt and dropping to your knees next to him.

Katakuri had his arm over his face, trying to regulate his breathing the best he could, as his chest heaved heavily. Katakuri ignored the pain and wounds, some of them bleeding.

He, a Sweet Commander, the Minister of flour, had lost. Lost to a mere tiny human being, who had nothing more than a foolish dream and only fightet because he wants to bring back the friend, which he holds dear.

Katakuri scoffed at this, but than again, they share the same kind of feelings. He too has a foolish dream and someone he holds dear. Perhaps the reasons why Katakuri couldn't defeat Luffy at all. Why he lost, because in contrast to Luffy, Katakuri couldn't bring himself to go against Mama and leave this Island with you—to live this foolish dream.

«Kuri?» your voice of a whisper had broken him out of his thoughts. He hummed, moving his arm away and turned his head to look at you.

You bite your lips, feeling the tears brimming in your eyes. Crawling towards his face, gently laying your hands onto his cheek, rubbing the roughed up skin, before hugging his face and holding back your sobs.

Oh. He had made you that worried? Katakuri feels guilty now, didn't wanted to be reason to make you cry. You let go of your Husbands face, settling down onto the ground again.

«I'm sorry [Name], for losing.» would you be disappointed in him now, for losing? Would you want a divorce, because he wasn't strong enough anymore?

Katakuri could understand if you decided to leave him forever now. He's a monster after all, someone who doesn't deserves any kind of love from someone like you—a precious kind of human.

Katakuri blinked, focusing back on you, when you have snapped your fingers for a third time.

«Repeat that,» he asked you, hadn't listen.

«I said, you big doofus, that I don't fucking care about your win or lose! I care about you and your wellbeing! So don't make me ever worried like this again Kuri! I feared you had died.» by now you were completely crying, clenching your pants.

You're always worried about Katakuri and most of his siblings. The constant pressure from Big Mom, the fighting and this need to prove themselves—to be worth of life and Big Mom's approving and "love"—was a toll on their mental health. Making them sick and hurt in a different way.

«I'm sorry» Katakuri apologise again, not sure what else to say. You had lectured him more than enough over the years and yet, besides always promising to you that is he careful, he makes you worried over and over again.

Taking a breath, you wiped your tears. Moving closer to Katakuri again, you kissed his cheek, nose and mouth. Giving him a wavering smile.

«You know Kuri, beside you making me worried again. Brulee and I are still proud of you! You did great Kuri and your always will be the best for us!»

You would always be proud of your Husband. Doesn't matter if he wins or lose, he's doing his best everyday and that what counts. You chuckled upon seeing Katakuri's red face. Always a beloved sight for you, to see your husband so flushed.

Katakuri always thought, wether the days are good or bad for him, that he didn't deserve you at all. Yet you managed to crush those thoughts of his, with your pure unconditional love you have for him.

Katakuri returned a small smile of his own. For you, he would give everything up, just so he could see your smile everyday.

~~~

Luffy still felt worried about you. The doubt still nagging at him, for leaving you behind on Cake Island.

You begged Luffy to let you stay here, telling him again and again that Cake Island was your home and the place where you family and happiness belongs to.

Luffy does wanted you to be part of his crew or at least brining you away from Cake Island, yet you denied his request with both, an apology and a thanks.

«Don't make such a face Luffy. [Name]'s gonna be alright, if he has faith in Katakuri than perhaps he's in good hands after all,» Nami tells him, patting his back and going back to the helms-wheel.

Luffy heaved a sight out, Nami was probably right, but your once fearful face still haunts the back of his mind.