Coldspring Cuddles || Wangxian

I haven't updated this book in a while, thank you to the random viewer who was kind enough to comment and inspire me to write a new chapter, this is for you, mdzs2023  ! I hope you enjoy <33
Slight Angst/Fluff!
————————————————————————
Wei Ying POV:

I had only recently returned back to my love, Lan Zhan, after being known as dead for 16 long years. Back then, I hadn't realized what I was losing. Who I was loosing. Lan Zhan, he always held a special place in my heart. We were in love, it was undeniable. But I left him— not to mention I broke him into millions of pieces by doing so. The guilt overwhelmed me day by day, but what was worse?...seeing his beautiful back covered in scars. Ones that I'm afraid I know what come from. I always wasn't super fond of the strict teachings of the Lan Clan, if that wasn't obvious. But it made me rage knowing what he went though, just for my sake.

I walked along the path, I asked Zewu-Jun where Lan Zhan had gone, he said he'd gone back to the Coldspring, claiming his scars were causing him pain yet again. The first time I properly set eyes on Lan Zhan's scars after being reborn was when I'd gone to the Coldspring to help with my own aching, only to find him there. It sickens me to think that they are still causing him such pain. As I made my way over, my eyes were set on the beautiful man I've grown to love. A smile planted on my face as I saw him. I'd taken off my top, not bothering with the pants since I didn't care if they got water on them. I took off my shoes as well and had sat down at the edge of the Coldspring, letting my legs dip in the water. Lan Zhan had looked back at me. And I gave him a smile.

"Lan Zhan, you should've told me you were coming to the Coldspring! It could've been a proper date!" I insisted in a joking tone, of which he replied with a smile that it felt as though only I ever saw.
"Wei Ying was busy with little Apple, I couldn't have." He insisted, heading through the water and over to the edge where Wei Ying sat. Wei Ying reached down and cupped his face, for once having the ability to— momentarily pretend like he was the more dominant one in their relationship. Though, it was still nice nonetheless. Admiring his lovers features, lightly coated in a few drops of water. Wei Ying's brows then furrowed as he remembered why Lan Zhan was even there.

"Your scars were hurting...right? You know you can tell me when they are." Wei Ying insisted, caressing the males cheek as he spoke. A hint of blush formed on his face, as he gazed back up at Wei Ying. Lan Zhan hummed,
"Mn...I know..." he replied quietly, though clearly he didn't since here Wei Ying was, having to take care of his idiot once again.
"Alright alright, we'll finish up here and then after I'll help with those scars..." he told his lover, kissing his forehead. Of which Lan Zhan simply replied with a nod.

Timeskip to after

Lan Zhan POV:

After Wei Ying had found me in the Coldspring, he seemed worried. Though I- don't really blame him. Besides I think it's sweet. Though I'd...never admit that out loud— maybe.
When I was done at the coldspring, Wei Ying had reached a hand and helped me up. Kissing my hand as he did so. Sheesh...flirty as usual isn't he?

"Wei Ying, what are we doing?" I asked as he had casually brought me to a bench, he pat down my back gently with a towel. Regardless I'd still winced slightly. He gave me a small rub on the shoulder which eased my nerves.
"I'm putting medicine and bandages, taking care of you, love." He replied, leaning down as he gave me a quick peck on the lips. He'd gently rubbed my back with medicine, it surprisingly felt nice, not like a thousand needles were running along my back. Afterwards, he'd taken a bandage. He must've gotten all of this on the way, hadn't he? I was a bit embarrassed- but, soon I just felt relaxed. He started to wrap my chest and back up with the bandages to prevent infections. I Leaned into his touch as he'd finished off the bandages, smiling as I relaxed in his arms. He happily obliged and held me close, it was perfect, truly.

"...thank you, Wei Ying."
"Of course, darling"

————————————————————————
785 words

I don't know how much more I'm gonna write for this book, but once again thank you for inspiring me to write. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!