INTRODUCTION

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Okay, let's do this one more time- no, nope, nuh-uh, nah let's scratch that...everyone and their grandma knows about the story of the Spiderman anyway.

Oh come on, who doesn't know about the whole bullshit 'with great power comes great responsibility' the quote that had practically become immortal in literature? No one, that's who. Everyone has heard of the man in the mask, the boy with the weight of the world carried upon burdened shoulders that had the curse but also the strength to wear it like the trembling Atlas holding the skies. Everyone knows and everyone worships the underdog who saved them, their hero, the one who fought for the little guys simply because if he didn't then who else would?

Everyone knows the story of the boy who's soft I love you was a death sentence in his mouth.

However, in every multiverse that had woven its ways through the galaxy, in every chance and narrative...it was always her story that wasn't exactly well known, and really, why would it be? Because, like many others before and after her, every varient of Eleanor Brooks was simply destined to fall in love with Spiderman...and every varient of Eleanor Brooks was destined to pay the price for it when they died alone and terrified on a dark night with their mouths full of crimson stained sin and very dull teeth, all because of the love that they had thought would save them, but instead was the very thing that had condemned them.

Her entire life, destined to be nothing more than a bittersweet tragedy, her story cut short to further along his, to become nothing more than a grotesque and bloody memory that he had failed to save because what else was the use of the woman in a tale?

But somehow, for some damning reason...there had been one miscalculation in that narrative, a twist in what was supposed to be her canon...an anomaly in what was meant to be her destiny. Because in every other universe, something manages to find her that night, wherever she is, alleyway or space or deep underground with the maggots to rot, it finds her everytime through all of her suffering and hatred, and it possesses her mortal corpse to turn her into something so much worse than the sweet embrace of death could ever be and it changes everything, cradled in promised devastation, it changes her completely.

Something turns her into a monster to be feared, alive and decaying and full of carnivorous fangs.

The universe had not spared her, nor did it love her or worship her like it did with it's precious Spiderman...and so, she had decided that it would simply have to fear her instead. As she rose from the dead, glitching and vengeful and fucking starving, as she pulled herself from final restings and killing floors with dirty claws that had once been disguised as divine fingers and let the horrors creep in. Her name would become something to remember, a villain that turned to an arch nemesis as it hungered for retribution...a story that would became legend, that became canon, all because of the bloodied strings of fate accidentally tangling in the darkness of the night.

So now we can finally do this one last time, just this once, just for you. The story goes that in every universe, Eleanor Brooks falls in love with Spiderman...and now, somehow, in every other universe...it is Eleanor Brooks that becomes the monster that finally destroys him.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"LET THERE BE FUCKING CARNAGE!"