Prologue

Samira Jane Cuenco stood at the altar, beside Lexus Caleb Salazar. They both wore elegant attire, but their eyes betrayed a sense of uncertainty. The ambience was filled with a mix of anticipation and obligation.

In her heart, Samira carried a bittersweet gratitude towards Lexus. As the ceremony was about to begin, Samira's thoughts drifted to her father, who lay in the hospital, fighting for his life. The weight of their decision to marry in the midst of this crisis weighed heavily on her.

"I, Samira Jane Cuenco, take you, Lexus Caleb Salazar, to be my husband," Samira recited the words, her voice tinged with a blend of gratitude and trepidation. She glanced at Lexus, acknowledging the sacrifice he had made for her family.

Lexus looked back at Samira, his eyes filled with a mixture of duty and sympathy he squeezed Samira's hand gently, his eyes conveying reassurance and support. "I, Lexus Caleb Salazar, take you, Samira Jane Cuenco, to be my wife. I promise to stand by your side through thick and thin, to cherish and protect you for all the days of our lives," he declared, understanding the complexities of their relationship.

As the priest continued the ceremony, their families and friends watched on, unaware of the underlying tension between Samira and Lexus. The exchange of rings symbolized a commitment that was born out of gratitude and necessity, rather than love.

"Now, by the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may seal your vows with a kiss," the priest announced, as the congregation erupted in applause.

Samira and Lexus shared a brief, obligatory kiss, masking the truth that their hearts did not yet beat as one. In that moment, they understood that their journey as a married couple would not be easy, but they were determined to navigate it together.

Little did they know that this forced union would bring about unexpected challenges, testing the limits of their gratitude and the possibility of love. Only time would reveal if their bond would grow beyond obligation, and if their hearts would eventually find solace and affection in each other.