⁺ ‧₊ 𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐒𝐌 ♱˚ ₊

(𝐘/𝐍) 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 following Saturday doing her favorite hobbies. By dusk, she was already completely spent. She regretted not sleeping the previous night, which was due to how much work she had been given. Her weariness ended up catching up to her, and so she decided to head to bed early.

She slept rather peacefully - until she was stirred and woken up by yet another phone call three hours later. She shifted around and kept her eyes closed as she felt around her nightstand for her phone.

It's probably Vincere... How annoying.

His timing might just be worse than mine.

And that says something.

I guess I can't blame him though, nobody would expect me to be sleeping in the evening.

(Y/N) grabbed her phone, but her light grip on it, in addition to her half-asleep state, allowed her phone to slip out of her grasp, much to her frustration. She groaned before moving her blanket aside to get out of bed and take her phone back.

She looked at her phone and confirmed that it was indeed Vincere who made the untimely call. She wanted to decline the incoming call, but she knew that would've been out of the question, so she only answered the phone with a frown.

"You finally picked up. Listen, I have already booked your hotel room for tomorrow..." said the voice on the other line. (Y/N) widened her eyes at this, but before she could interject, Vincere continued speaking, "I know you want to scold me for not thoroughly talking it out with you beforehand, but I realized that we cannot afford to postpone this for too long. After all, it would only be giving Sanguinaris more time to cover up whatever secrets they are hiding, no?"

"...You do have a point," (Y/N) mumbled. "I should start packing for the stay, then. Did you list the reservation under your name?"

"Yes, I did... I'm paying for it after all. You should check-in during tomorrow afternoon," he replied.

(Y/N) stayed silent for a few moments.

He booked my hotel room using his real name?

That fucking idiot. Is he intentionally trying to get me killed?

"...Alright, I'm trusting you on this," (Y/N) muttered before abruptly ending the call to clear her thoughts. She wasn't necessarily lying when she said that, though she wasn't exactly being truthful either.

(Y/N) spent the next half-hour preparing for her eventual five-night stay at Sanguinaris Hotel. Once she believed she was ready, she sat down on her bed. But instead of sleeping, she began to cogitate about whatever was on her mind.

Vincere wasn't lying about one of our agency's detectives going missing... I did my research on that. But I wonder how he knew about the detective's stay at Sanguinaris Hotel. Nobody else seemed to know about that - about where exactly he decided to stay. Perhaps Vincere knows more about this case then he's letting me in on. Sergeant Vincere... I wonder if you're directly involved in this.