Chapter 1

To make you understand what I meant, we should probably start at the beginning, though, it'll be a long story, as long as I have time to tell it. The world might end before I finish. Or, I might die before it ends. Which ever one comes first. Or perhaps, the story will catch up with where I'm at in life, and it will become more like a diary entry.

        It starts about 15 years ago, give or take. I don't have the time to figure out the exact amount of time. I was a normal academy student, just trying my best to become a genin, and then work my way to being a strong kunoichi. Unlike what I have figured is the "norm" for people with memories of their past life on "Earth", I was not in the same class as Naruto, or born in Kakashi's time. Heck, I was alive and kicking for a few years before the kyuubi's attack.  Which I figured out through Adalee's memories. Not about the kyuubi's attack, it's kind of hard to miss when a gigantic fox tries to destroy your home.

       Born in a generation of invisible ninja, I'm just a side character. (Maybe I shouldn't say that, after all, I am only a year younger than Itachi) Or, I was. Before I found out about Haru and Adalee. But let's let someone else take the lead in this story. Or at the very least, try to let them take over the story.

         - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

        "Akane, wake up!" Mom yelled, probably already knowing that she was already awake, just laying in my bed. The mornings usually went like this, Akane didn't enjoy getting out from the comfort of bed and covers. It was the only place where she didn't have to worry about getting her secret leaked. 

        It had been a few weeks since Adalee had first revealed herself. Usually, one would think that people would awaken mysterious powers never heard of before, when they were in danger, or at least, going through emotional turmoil. However, Akane had just woken up, when she introduced herself. Of course, she tried to go right back to sleep as Akane thought she was going mental, or perhaps she had hit her head and had forgotten about it. She was almost late to the academy, no thanks to Adalee.

        As it had been a few minutes since Mom had called, Akane knew she would be coming up here soon to drag her out of bed. Akane flung her covers off, not even bothering to make the bed, it'd just get messed up tonight, and it's not like they'd be having company over. (Though even then, why would they be going into her room?)

       Akane quickly pulled off her pajamas and changed into her clothes before dragging herself to the bathroom to brush her teeth and hair. Getting ready is such a tedious thing to do. 

        Hearing a swarm of feet, Akane quickly hurried up, her mom was getting impatient. It was at this very moment that Adalee, ever the troublemaker, decided to pipe up. 

        "Akane, you should skip the academy and go train instead, I can help you with all the physics of throwing shuriken and you can just grab books from the library for history and learning the shinobi code, it'd make a lot more sense!" Adalee squealed, feeling proud of her suggestion.

        "Adalee, while that might work, you've suggested that about five times already, but Mom would kill me if she were to ever know I was late to class, let alone fully skipped a day of school," Akane sighed, rubbing her head. Adalee could be annoying at times.

        Akane opened up the door, dashing down the stairs and out of the door, ignoring her mom's scowl and berated lecture over her waking up late. She rushes down the stairs of the porch and into the street as she races off to the academy.

        Upon reaching her class, she runs to her seat, sitting down right as Mizuki-sensei walks in. The glance he gives her notifies her that he knew she came in slightly late, but that he couldn't do anything about it since she was in her seat by the time he came in. This seemed to immensely please Adalee, though she had no idea why Adalee seemed to enjoy making Mizuki-sensei's life harder.

        Akane grabbed her notebook and pencil and started to take notes on the lecture. They were currently learning about the Shinobi Rules, a lesson that would be taught periodically through their years at the academy. Adalee likes to say that it'll probably be like the Revolutionary War that is taught multiple times (at least four different times) back from where she originally lived, before she died and started to haunt Akane.  (Adalee is always thwarting any attempts Akane makes to know how she died, for someone who likes to talk, this disturbs Akane.)

        "Do you think we can show weakness if it's part of a plan to subdue the enemy?" Adalee questions, oddly cheerful for someone who was trying to get her to skip class. Akane promptly ignores Adalee, this is part of why she likes staying in bed. It makes for less things for Adalee to talk about. Therefore, it lowers the amount of headaches she gets. 

"I mean, if you act weak, you could maybe get your enemy to lower their guard, and then! WHAPAM! You can strike and take them down!!!" Adalee cheerfully exclaims. "Or maybe, you should become a prodigy so you can graduate faster and get away from that snake, Mizuki!!!" Adalee advises. 

What is Adalee's problem with Mizuki-sensei anyways? She has never liked him. He's just doing his job. Akane pondered, though she knew that Adalee would be able to 'hear' her. After all, they do share a body.