2

Marco ran and ran until he dashed inside the infirmary. He heard Thatch's laughter and couldn't help himself but cry. His brother who was in coma since a month was awake now. Marco could cry and later say it was dust in his eyes.

"Thatch, yoi!" He said with so much emotions, and hugged his awake brother, who returned the hug enthusiastically.

"Marco!" Thatch with his ever so cheerful voice said, his voice saying how happy he was to see him. Until there was commotion outside the infirmary. Probably his brothers trying to get in, but what he heard enraged him.

"Thatch!!" It was Deuce, that traitor's former first mate, who had barged into the infirmary. He was in a second being held by the nurses. "Tell them!!!" He pleaded and Marco wanted nothing more than to slap him. Thatch should not be under stress right now. After all he had woken up right now. "Thatch tell him that Ace is innocent. Please, Thatch, tell him!!"

Marco frowned. He wanted to strangle the former first mate of the Spades right now and there. But it was Thatch who stopped him.

"Where is Ace?" Thatch asked in a horrified voice. He and Ace were like best friends. Thatch had hard time accepting that Ace wasn't here when he had woken up but now he can't help but feel that something was very very wrong. Dread was filling his empty stomach, as each moment passed. 

"They threw him in the brig." Deuce yelled, jerking free from the grasp of the nurses. "They have tortured him thinking that he had nearly killed you and killed Teach. Tell him the truth!!" Deuce spat the 'him' vehemently at Marco.

Thatch's eyes widened at what he heard. Ace was tortured. Ace is hurt. Why?

"Ace saved me. Teach wanted to kill me." Thatch spoke the truth with wide scared eyes and everyone's stomach drop. Marco went pale. After all, he was the one who had allowed the torture. Marco didn't wait to see Thatch starting to cry and Haruta consoling him. He didn't wait to see Deuce running down to the brig ahead of him, with a stolen key. Marco didn't know what to do. So, he just ran after Deuce. Ignoring everything and everyone horrified gasps and cries.

For the first time, he noticed the horrifying wounds which Ace had. The amount of blood he had lost and the blood which painted the walls and floor of Ace's cell. How much he had gone lean without food. Marco couldn't do anything, when Deuce snarled at him and hissed, clearly saying him to stay back and not touch Ace. Marco felt obliged and ashamed. He watched in the sidelines as he saw Deuce free Ace from the sea stone and carry him back to his room.

He wanted to help, but the door was shut on his face not allowing him to get inside. Marco felt his legs give up as he feel on the deck outside Ace's room. He couldn't move. He felt guilty. How did he trust that Ace, their youngest brother, their little firecracker had attempted to kill Thatch when he had saved him. Marco was the one, who gave the crew permission to beat Ace up, when he repeated the truth, which he so brutally ignored.

He didn't know when, but he was surrounded by the crew and his Pops. He was too horrified and drown in guilt to speak a word. It was probably past an hour since the door was closed. He had been praying, since the door shut on his face, to whatever Gods above, if they existed, to fix Ace.

He knew Deuce was a good doctor, but he should have brought him to the infirmary. Ace might need blood, might need plasters for broken bones, might need proper cleaning, might need detoxification and many things. Marco felt horrified as the list went on and on of what Ace might need. And the only reason he needed all these was because of him. It was his fault and Ace was paying for it.

"Marco, my son." Whitebeard, his Pops spoke.

It broke Marco completely as he flinched. Did he deserve to be a brother to Ace anymore? Wasn't he the cool headed of all of them? What has he done? Wasn't he supposed to hear everyone's side of story and then make decisions? Wasn't he the one who knew what to do in terrible situations even? Why did he do that? Why did Marco do that to Ace? Who is nothing but innocent. Who suffered because of Marco, all because he saved Thatch from a traitor. Hah! Traitor! And they gave the traitor a well not deserved funeral.