2 Weeks Ago...

2 Weeks Ago. Universe 2785.

"Hey!" You call out to Peter, giving him a hug when you're finally on the ground. You can't see his face because of the mask, and you're already out of your gear.

"Y/N! Thank you for the help, couldn't have stopped him if it wasn't for your great moves back there. Jess is putting him back in his universe now."

You look up to the skyline and see the portal gone from the spot you had planted it at and the trap that the villain had fallen into. You were glad you all had been able to pull of the plan quickly, glad that everything was back to normal.

"It's no big deal, I'm glad everyone is safe." you say, smiling softly to him.

You were in New York City, a city that never sleeps; even in universe 2785, it's a hectic city. More than hectic. You and Peter had been swinging through the towering skyscrapers, navigating the intricate web of its streets above the bustling traffic of rush hour to take down your foe.

Multiversal "mistakes" had been popping up all over the place at an alarming rate, and your mission was to help the Peter Parker of universe 2785 take down The Vulture, the threat that soared above the city's skyline. You had succeeded in remaining as hidden as possible in this endeavour, and had completed it thoroughly with little to no mistakes. Jessica Drew had given you the mission, and seemed eager for you to go to this universe in particular; saying she had a "knack" for knowing where you'd succeed most in. You liked her a lot, she was easy on you, like a mentor type figure, and even backed you up when you got into disagreements with your boss.

Yeah, your boss; Miguel O'Hara. The guy was a real piece of work, as irritable as an allergy and as stoic as they get; but also one of your closest and dearest companions. You more than admired the guy, that was a given, and you thought you hid your madly out of control feelings for him pretty well, even though it was obvious to everyone around you how you felt about him, excluding the very man himself, who you assumed had his face in too much of his work pile to even notice your feelings.

During the mission, and several before this, you had almost lost yourself in inappropriate thoughts of your very own boss. It had led to mistakes and miscalculations that caught Miguel's attention and piqued his temper more often than you wanted. Today, you tried to push these thoughts aside and focus . With his advanced flight suit made out of twigs and branches and razor-sharp wings made out of large thorns, this particular menace posed a strange and unique danger to the city and the multiverse itself.

Luckily, with your joint acrobatic finesse, spider-like reflexes, and ingenious web-slinging abilities, you both were able to succeed. Bonus was that you stayed out of sight as much as possible, your suit blending in with the surrounding environment so that the threat was neutralized safely, and Peter got all the praise he deserved. Though you loved going on missions with Peter, your heart missed every moment you were away from the one it desired the absolute most; you longed for Miguel, just to be around him was soothing. It was getting so out of control, the thoughts had nearly gotten you to mess up many times recently, and you were almost managing to delude yourself into thinking there were a reality out there for the both of you to be together in. You knew the thoughts had to stop, you didn't want them to, but they were making your life more difficult and depressing than it needed to be.

Parker hijacks your train of thought by switching it onto another line, "Hey listen, they're talking about throwing a big celebration party down at Stantley's later, you know the bar by your apartment? You're welcome to stick around and join there. It's in the same spot in this universe."

You thought about it, you'd stayed in Parker's apartment above the bar when you needed to recharge, but had never gone downstairs into the establishment. Back home, you did like the place, and you'd never really stuck around for fun too much in universes after you'd completed missions. But now, your gut was telling you that it'd be interesting to stick around and see how different things were compared to home. On the contrary, you had been cautioned against going into familiar territory, bumping into your multiverse self could be dangerous.