꧁•⊹٭𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚝٭⊹•꧂

Hongjoong had managed to convince Yeosang to help him do the washing, there was piles and piles of unwashed clothes, and clothes that looked like they could do with a good wash. One massive basket full, and both of them were carrying it out of the castle and down to the lake where the sun could be of good use for a few hours. The scarecrow welcomed them out by the door.

Hongjoong's feet were finally at some ease, the green grass was soft and lifted pressure from his feet immediately. The two set the basket down, and started to set up a washing line. They had a brilliant idea of tying one end of the line to the scarecrow, who pulled it tight and high once the other side of the line was attached tightly to the castle. There was a myriad of clothes, towels and small articles of clothing hung up on the line.

Once that was done, Hongjoong suggested the two of them have a nice rest by the lake. Hongjoong, although he was old, he had enough determination to help the little boy bring out the chairs and a small table to sit comfortably by the lake. Hongjoong also started making jam sandwiches, a nice little treat that Hongjoong wouldn't have to threaten Mingi over.

"He seems to like doing the washing." Yeosang commented as he looked up the hill towards the scarecrow. The scarecrow was peacefully standing on his stick holding one end of the washing line.

Hongjoong handed a plate to the young boy, "Yes, and now it'll dry in no time."

"Turnip must belong to the demons." Yeosang said, "Calcifer doesn't seem to mind him."

"Hmm, maybe." Hongjoong agreed, although the old man believed there was something more to it, "But he led me here."

Hongjoong spent his time looking out at the lake and the mountains not far behind it. He truly felt old while sitting and admiring, yet he was calm and serene and he enjoyed it. Seeing the world in a way he never thought possible. He would take his time, and enjoy it before it passes. He would listen as the water of the lake lapped right up by his feet, and he would take in the salty sea air around him.

Hongjoong didn't realise he spent hours out there. His chair being the only thing remaining, and Yeosang had dragged the table and his chair back inside. The food was cleared away, and Hongjoong had a shawl surrounding his sickly shoulders. A lone old man sitting by the lake. Yeosang, after long, had come back outside after working hard for the old man.

"Hongjoong. I've put the laundry away."

"Ah, thank you Yeosang. We'd best be heading back." Hongjoong muttered. The time did pass, but Hongjoong enjoyed it to his fullest. He wouldn't miss it so quickly now.

They headed back to the castle, ready to travel back around to the wastes where the moving castle was to be stationed. Hongjoong, during the day, decided to take cleaning at a leisurely pace, while Yeosang practised some magic. At the end of the day, Calcifer's fire was slowly dwindling shrouding the castle in a darkness, ready for bed.

It was at that time that a magic man was entering his house once more. The ding wasn't enough to wake Hongjoong who had made a little comfortable bed in a burrow by the fire, unseen to the eye as Hongjoong had hung something over his corner for privacy.

Seonghwa took heavy footsteps up the stairs, his secret spilling out of his body. The very talons of his other body clawing against the floor. He was immensely tired after flying all day, keeping an eye out on the war which was ravaging the world around them. His body wasn't human yet, so he sat on the chair which was placed directly in front of Mingi. His wings were lying against the cold floor, and the feathers ruffled as he sat down. His head was too heavy to keep up straight so Seonghwa closed his eyes to try and regain some energy. He placed his feet up, to warm up against the drowsy flames.

"You stink. You reek of steel and burnt flesh." Mingi whispered, knowing Hongjoong was in the same vicinity, and could wake up to discover Howl's secret.

Seonghwa took a deep breath in, his face contorted. The pain of changing his body back to human was becoming almost unbearable, and the more he does it, the harder and longer it becomes to change back. It was something important that he has to do, but his body was harder to come back. Once his body was back to normal, he relaxed more into the chair.

"The more you keep flying, the more you wont be able to change back one day." Mingi grumbled, forgetting the sleeping old man in the corner, though he was sure Hongjoong was fast asleep.

"The fighting is fierce." Seonghwa stated to the fire, as he sat up right, "The country's ablaze, from the south coast to the northern border."

"They have no manners. I hate fire and gunpowder." Mingi grumbled once more.

"My own kind attacked me." Howl almost smirked, "Those Hack wizards masquerading as monsters."

"They'll cry plenty later on, when they can't be human again." Calcifer stated disapprovingly. He knew first hand the effects of being something your not for so long.

"No, they'll forget that they even knew how to cry." Howl rebutted, even though it was a sad sight indeed.

"Are you meant to report to the king yourself?" The fire demon questioned the wizard in front of him.

"Well...Yeah. Hot water for my bath please." Seonghwa stood up and left, not wanting to be questioned about this job for the King. He had no real intention of following through, After all, he's a coward.

Mingi grumbled in the back of his throat, sick of wasting his energy on making hot water constantly for his master. He had to stay lit all night to keep moving the castle, and Howl makes it harder for him. As much as he wanted to protest, he wouldn't disobey Howl and got ready to heat up the water for Howl's bath. He didn't want to admit, but Howl had been working pretty hard to keep eyes on the war which was overtaking several cities.

Seonghwa noticed the little corner shrouded by curtain, a little cubby hole which hid a certain person. He quietly walked over, and pulled aside the curtain, inside he saw the sleeping figure. A young man. A young face which hid behind the wrinkles, and a ash blonde mullet which hid behind a grey amass of short tangled hair.

Seonghwa had got the feeling that the old man was doused in a curse, a curse only Hongjoong could break. It didn't occur to Seonghwa that even sleeping peacefully could make the curse cave in on itself. Seonghwa smiled at the young man. It was a shame that he couldn't break the curse, or that he could let on he knew about the curse. It was all down to Hongjoong.

A Hongjoong he dearly liked to watch sleep.