The Lodge part 1

Memory transcript subject: Erim, lieutenant of the Kratotl extermination fleet Date: [standardized human time] October 18th, 2136

I woke up on the snowy ground. It was so cold it's as if there was never any heat at all. I looked over and saw my father on the ground next to Ciran. The damn Harchen was going to freeze if we didn't get him somewhere warm.

"Dad wake up" I shoved my dad till he opened his eyes and got up. After checking our surroundings we picked up Ciran and started walking to what we think was south?

We walked for so long and far that my legs were getting tired. I feel to the ground. I couldn't go any further. I noticed that my father had also fallen over from exhaustion.

I looked over and saw vehicle nearing us when it stopped. A person then exited.

It was a human covered in winter clothing. It had a cane with it and walked over to me. This is it this is how I'm going to die. At the hands of these evil predators!

"Damn you look like shit, come on you bastard" the human dragged me and put me in the back seat of his vehicle. He then went and put my dad right next to me and put Ciran into the passenger seat next to him.

As he drove I started to fall asleep. I drifted off into my mind.

When I woke up I was on a couch with my dad and Ciran was near a fireplace. I looked around at the walls.

Dear Inatala there were mounted heads on the wall. Some prey some predators. They're were even birds that looked like they were still alive but unmoving.

I looked around in fear. Was I on Earth or an Arxurs wet dream? I was looking at this tan furred creature with foward facing eyes when I heard footsteps and a cane hitting the floor from behind me.

"Ah I see you've met the cougar" the old human slowly walked towards a chair with his cane. His grey hair and beard glistening against the light of the fire place.

"Met the prick when I was huntin in Appalachia with an old pal of mine" the human graced his hand across the fur of the cougar head. I backed into the couch cushions ready to run at any moment. My feathers were all puffed up.

"Y-your a p-predator plea don't e-eat me!" The human stopped at one of the big brown horned heads of a prey animal and turned towards me obviously ready to tear me apart.

"Will you shut the fuck up with the oh please don't eat me shit it's fucking annoying alright!" He banged his cane on the wooden floor which woke up my father.

My father backed into the couch when he saw the human. He reached over for his weapon but couldn't find it.

"Get away from me and my son!" Dad put me behind his feathers. I shuddered as the human went towards a fridge and pulled out a brown bottle. He then took a huge sip and walked over to a soft chair and sat down.

"Alright if we can cut the bullshit my name is Sean and I found you boys stranded in the middle of nowhere" the human took another drink of the brown bottle.

"And if I have to hear anymore of the bullshit of me eating you then so help me god I will chuck you back into the snow!" The human slammed his cane against the floor making a loud noise which startled me and my dad.

"Now I called the UN and they should be able to pick you guys up in a couple days now in the meantime I'm going to need some help around the house" Sean got up slowly with the cane. He struggled with his old age.

He walked over to the tv and turned it on. Instead of the normal news he put on some weird streaming service.

"First job I have for you two is to get your lizard friend over there upstairs and into the guest bedroom bed, it's the one with the blue door" he watched the tv while me and dad nervously went over to Ciran and picked him up. We walked towards the stairs and went up.

We walked in the hallway where we saw more animals that were dead on display and many paintings of prey animals and forests.

We found the room with the blue door and opened it. We then placed Ciran in the bed and covered him up and left the room.

"Son look at me" I turned towards my father.

"Whatever we do we must stay together. I will make sure everything is fine" we both hugged each other

I wondered to myself though.

How would we get out of here?