Arrival

Chapter Notes:

Elysia(n): Something "Beautiful or Creative; divinely inspired; perfect and peaceful."

Warnings: Human trafficking (sort of), Implied kidnapping, humans are literally seen as defenceless children... you'll see eventually.

This work will likely not be everyone's cup of tea and I completely understand.

Finally, This is also cross-posted on my AO3 account (@ starry__eyed)

🪐• 🪐•🪐

Feeling dazed as though you were a bullet being shot from a gun, you find yourself on shaky legs as your feet finally touch something solid. Your arms keep you steady, pushed into the sides of the tubing which brought you here.

Where exactly was here?

The tubing is see-through, allowing you to look out into the dark but vibrant city ahead of you. You narrow your eyes, the people here seemed to be much different from the ones you've been accustomed to back home. Everyone here was beyond beautiful, standing large and proud with every step they took. Some looked more like you, others held a variety of "skin" tones such as hues of blue, green, or pink.
"Wow" you can't help but say aloud just as a door pops open in front of you.

You gulp. Not too sure you want to leave this small but familiar area. You look above you and see a countdown is on for the next arrival. Your eyes widen and you quickly move out just as another being lands gracefully from their journey in the same spot seconds after.

You have already done your best to hide yourself away, watching people from behind a black brick wall. The energy outside reminds you of a busy city such as New York - with an abundance of large wide screens illuminating the darkness of the night sky. As expected, many are showcasing a beautiful but mysterious alien creature advertising different products.

For a second you feel self conscious, completely out of place. Then it dawns on you that that was exactly the case and that you weren't meant to be here in the first place.

Perhaps it was best that you try to find a bus station or figure out how those tubes could bring you back home. You assumed currency would be another problem, but one thing at a time. Maybe you could guilt trip one of these ethereal things with a sob story of how lost and scared you were.

Just as you're stepping out from your hiding place, you see a pair of Aliens walking behind some sort of technologically advanced baby carriage that was floating on its own. You catch a glimpse of who is inside, eyebrows knitting together as you tried to figure out why it looked as though someone the size of you could fit inside.

Because you could.

Your jaw opens at the realization that it was a human inside! (You could tell from the way their features didn't look as though they were perfectly crafted by a god/goddess like literally everyone else here) And they sure looked far from happy, as the couple coos down at them and tells them it's gonna be okay - as if they were a mere infant.

An icky feeling erupts in your stomach. What kind of a sick place is this?

You take a deep breath, trying to keep your anxiety at bay. It was obvious that humans weren't seen to be on the same level as those who resided here. "At least you wouldn't be killed" you tired to reason with yourself. Nonetheless the things here weren't your friends, and getting out of here quickly was your only option.

You had to be careful now, although initially tempted to bolt into the busy city traffic on the sidewalks, you realize that made you a larger target to end up like that poor human from earlier.