chapter 2

"are you nervous about tomorrow?" jeonghyeon asks, "your hands are shaking."

ricky is nervous. and while he is extremely nervous about their performance tomorrow, that fact lies in the very back of his mind compared to the situation he's in now.

"you make me nervous." he speaks softly, pushing his puff against jeonghyeon's cheek with a bit more force than needed.

jeonghyeon breathes out a soft giggle, "you didn't seem very nervous 30 seconds ago."

to ricky's fault, he had been running on pure adrenaline. after their final hours of 'over me' practice he may have purposely held on to the sleeve of jeonghyeon's stupid green sweater (read: extremely cute and adorable green sweater) and dragged him behind the rest of the team. when they got to their dorm he had let the others go ahead, only to swiftly push jeonghyeon into his room, claiming that taerae let him borrow some of his base makeup so he could use it on him.

("ricky, if anything, you've gotten more pale." taerae chides, an eyebrow raised at his request.

he hadn't been brave enough to mention jeonghyeon. only making up a mumbled excuse about jay needing a pimple covered before rushing out of his room.)

ricky went to grab his bag of makeup from the bathroom only to find jeonghyeon lying in his bed, hands behind his head, eyes closed.

he decides to ignore the fact that jeonghyeon looks like the most cuddliest teddy bear in favor of scolding him for lying in his bed in his sweaty practice clothes.

"my bed is clean." he says with a pout, the disappointment evident in his voice.

jeonghyeon had only opened one eye to peer at him, "i'm already too comfy."

still in his adrenaline-filled daze, ricky climbs into his bed, settling himself on jeonghyeon's waist, "you're doing my laundry, lee jeonghyeon-ssi." he punctuates his sentence with a poke to the brunette's chest.

he pretends not to see the way jeonghyeon's eyes widen.

he pretends that his heart isn't racing.

jeonghyeon recovers quickly, hands coming to rest right above ricky's knees, "i will happily do your laundry if i can keep you like this, shen quanrui-ssi."

ricky, adamantly pretending like he didn't shiver at jeonghyeon's large hands resting on his legs, simply grabs his makeup puff and taerae's creams.

"you're still saying it wrong."

and that leads them here.

"do you get nervous around me often?" jeonghyeon continues to tease, "'cause i'm so cute?"

ricky cant stop the smile that spreads across his face, anxieties slowly melting away, "cute? you think you're cute?"

"you called me cute!" the brunette frowns, "multiple times!"

"suddenly i don't remember that."

the bickering let's him relax for a bit. jeonghyeon's muttered complaints about how he is cute and ricky had said so before filling the silence.

he had done jeonghyeon's makeup a few times after the first encounter in the bathroom. but he hadn't realized just how close he had to get to him until they were in this position.

ricky was sure that jeonghyeon could feel his breath on his face, the delicate but still a bit wobbly touch of his eye shadow brushes against his skin, the resolute pounding of his heart in his chest.

he's lucky jeonghyeon's eyes are closed, otherwise he'd probably spontaneously combust.

ricky goes a little wild with jeonghyeon's makeup this time, knowing that he'll end up washing it off shortly after it's finished. he practically gives him stage makeup, adding sparkles to the corners of his eyes and all.

and if he's using it as an excuse to spend more time in jeonghyeon's lap, nobody needs to know.

over time, he can feel jeonghyeon's breathing slow, his eyelids stop twitching at every soft touch.

"sleepy?" he asks softly, brushing a few stray hairs out of the brunette's face.

jeonghyeon slowly peels his eyes open, "mm." is all he gets as a reply.

ricky's stomach erupts with butterflies as his heart skips a beat, heat rising to his cheeks due to his sleepy (yet still overwhelmingly intimidating) gaze.

he swallows before speaking again, "do you want to go?"

jeonhyeon's hands move up to his waist and ricky swears his touch is electric, sending bolts of shock and excitement over his body, "wanna stay with you."

ricky's shyness consumed him, leaving him at a loss for words. the intense confidence in jeonghyeon's gaze set ricky on edge.

"hyung." instinctively, he covers his face, trying to hide his embarrassment, "you cannot—cannot just say things like that while you're all..." the words practically tumble out of his mouth.

"while i'm all...?" the mischievous smile can be heard in his voice.

with the knowledge that he does in fact need to be alive in order to perform tomorrow, he simply slaps his hand down (hard) against jeonghyeon's chest, "shut up."

if jeonghyeon whines out any complaints, he simply ignores them.

he shifts his attention to jeonghyeon's lips (a mistake) and dabs on his usual lip tint.

and maybe it's because he doesn't want to have to speak to jeonghyeon again.

maybe it's because he's insane and actually losing his mind.

but instead of telling jeonghyeon to do the usual lip popping motion, he takes his thumb and brushes it across jeonghyeon's lips, spreading the pigment.

his shy nature takes hold of him, causing his cheeks to burn with a deep blush.

"ricky." jeonghyeon starts, removing his hands from ricky's waist momentarily to push himself off the mattress.

he tries to keep his cool but ricky is sure his shock shows on his face, if jeonghyeon's sly smirk is any sign. the blond instinctively grabs on to jeonghyeon's shoulders as he moves to keep his balance.

"i'm starting to think you're enjoying these makeup sessions a little too much."

ricky is currently unable to think of much more than jeonghyeon's arms wrapped around his waist, jeonghyeon's now pink-tinted lips, jeonghyeon's stupid neon green sweater.

his hands fidget nervously on the brunette's broad shoulders, his gaze flickering up to jeonghyeon's eyes.

immediate regret.

jeonghyeon and his puppy eyes leave ricky breathless, the sharp eyeliner and glittery powders doing nothing besides filling his mind with literal tv static.

"how is it?" jeonghyeon whispers, "cute?"

"extremely cute." ricky breathes before leaning in, lips brushing against the brunette's.

it felt as if time had stopped, every touch between them making his skin tingle, electricity running down his spine.

the kiss is slow and sweet, ricky melts into the older boy, fingers tangling in his sweater, bringing him closer.

jeonghyeon's lips are soft and there's a faint whisper of strawberries from his lip tint that ricky most certainly isn't absolutely infatuated by.

they part briefly, eyes locked on eachother, the two momentarily sharing breathy giggles before ricky presses another short kiss to the corner of jeonghyeon's mouth.

"you'd be cuter without that fucking green sweater."