Chapter 1

Demons and angels have always been at odds since the war many years ago. The demons were banished to the burial mountains in the 'underworld', while the angels remained in heaven. Despite their differences, both sides continue to influence humanity in their own ways. The demons often tempt humans towards sin and darkness, while the angels guide them towards righteousness and light. Yet, after a while, the world began to alter. Humans no longer require angelic direction as much as they once did. This is because the demons no longer tempted humanity to sin; instead, they withdrew themselves into their underworld. Although it was rare for a demon to appear to torment humanity, angels were always around to defend it.

Demons all appear to have the same goal: to harm, fight, anger, and destroy.
But there are many kinds of angels, each with their own unique abilities and purposes. Some angels are messengers, delivering important messages from God to humans, while others are warriors who fight against evil forces. Despite their differences, all angels share a common goal of protecting and guiding humanity toward goodness and righteousness.

"A-Ling, come here."
Jiang Cheng, the Dominion Angel, told his young nephew while sitting on his lotus-shaped brass throne. "Yes, my Lord," Jin Ling murmured as he approached his uncle and knelt. He was greeted by silence. The angels who stood watch at the door were excused from the room. Jin Ling took a deep breath of fresh air as they closed the heavy door. He sat up on his knees and pouted. "I'll never understand why I have to treat you like that when others are around, Jiu Jiu." Declared the smaller archangel. Jiang Cheng couldn't help but sigh.
"If any other angel heard how you speak to me, they'd lose all respect for me." "I think you're being dramatic, Jiu Jiu." "Dramatic! Look at how you talk to me. And why do I allow you?!" The older angel exclaimed. He stood up and joined his nephew in the center of the room, his head in his hand.

He soon lifted his head to look his young nephew up and down. "You look nice today, A-Ling."

Jin Ling was taken aback by the pleasant remark; he hadn't expected such a thing from his uncle, even if it was only a modest compliment. Jin Ling's face heated up as he placed his hands on his cheeks and smiled childishly.
The sight in front of the elder angel thrilled his heart, but he knew he'd never reveal it. "A-Ling". Jiang Cheng called, drawing his blushing nephew's attention.

"You're one hundred and twelve now, which means you've reached the threshold to join the other angels in the day hunts." Jin Ling began to pay close attention. "I trust you to guard yourself and report back to me and the other angels. I feel you're ready: you've trained, you're highly informed, and you're strong enough to fly."
Once Jiang Cheng ended his lecture, the room became silent. Jin Ling could only look up at his dear uncle's angelic face in awe. Jin Ling burst into joyous cries, startling Jiang Cheng. "Are you serious?" He exclaimed.
"A-Ling, keep your voice down. But, believe me, I'm serious." His uncle laughed.
Jin Ling, on the other hand, proceeded to jump around Jiang Cheng in a circle while shouting even louder. Jiang Cheng felt as if his ears were bleeding from A-Ling's 360 screams around his body.
While holding the young angel by his shoulders to get him to stop screaming, Jiang Cheng took this time to reflect on how much his little boy has grown. Jin Ling's honey brown eyes gazed into the eyes of his now silent uncle. "Jiu Jiu?" Jin Ling called quietly. The distance between the uncle and nephew closed abruptly as Jiang Cheng pulled Jin Ling into a tight hug.

"I'm so proud of you, my A-Ling".
Jiang Cheng whispered in Jin Ling's ear before pulling away.
"You'll start with the first group of angels departing".
Jin Ling smiled a smile that reminded Jiang Cheng of his late sister. He then said, "Thank you, Jiu Jiu. I won't let you down!". Jiang Cheng nodded before telling A-Ling to prepare himself as his group would be leaving soon. The little angel smiled and nodded before running out the door of his uncle's throne room.
...