yang jungwon - "i love you"

tw: none

- linden

You and Jungwon had been acquaintances since you were very young. You had your own groups of friends, and as you got older, your own secret lovers. You were friendly enough, having to see each other at so many family gatherings and events. You were both single when your families made the decision for you. Marriage. You weren't ready for it, he seemed uncomfortable with the thought. No amount of convincing would sway your parents. They believed it was for the best, it would increase publicity, be good for both of the companies. Nearly a year into your marriage and there's not much romantic about your relationship. Any kisses you share are for the sake of the public and your families. You were both incredibly irritated by the situation at first, having to live together. Now, you've grown used to it, and you do care about each other.

Typically Jungwon is the first to get out of bed, but this particular morning, you awake first and drag yourself down to the kitchen to make yourself a mug of tea. When he doesn't come down in the next hour, you place your mug in the sink and climb back up the stairs. You slowly open the bedroom door, "Jungwon?"

You hear him make a soft sound in response and carefully approach. You pat his back. He's lying face down into a pillow with his raven hair splayed around, soft arms crossed above his head. "Are you okay?" You ask. He doesn't answer. Frowning, you do your best to flip him over and place a hand against his forehead. He stares up at you through a daze. You shake your head, "You've got a fever."

"Damn, really?" He mumbles. You glare, drawing a small laugh out of his pink lips. You grab him by the arms, "Come on, I'll help you brush your teeth." Jungwon mumbles a complaint and collapses into your shoulder, arms limp at his sides. You sigh, "Come on, you have to cooperate."

"No." He says. He twists his face into your neck and sighs softly. You feel your heart stir slightly. He may be irritating and unwantedly your husband, but you have to admit that you've developed feelings for him. Horrible feelings that he won't return. Or at least it doesn't seem that he wishes to return them.

"Let's go." You murmur. You gently maneuver him out of bed and slip a hand around his waist for support. Jungwon leans into you again, whining as you drag him to the bathroom. Once you push open the door, he lets go of you and you let your hold fall from his waist. He steels himself against the sink countertop. You can visibly see the muscles tense in his forearms. Your gaze softens. "Hey, just freshen up a bit and i'll take care of everything, alright?" You take small steps over and slide a comforting hand up and down his back. Jungwon let's out a shuddering sigh.

He leans away from the counter carefully as if the world will give way beneath him and he'll fall right into the core of the earth. Turning around, he leans back against the counter for support and holds out his arms. His eyes remain tired and droopy, but a mellow smile overtakes his features, his dimples appearing cheerfully. You raise your eyebrows and take a step forward. "What's this?"

Jungwon pulls you in by the waist and rests his chin on your shoulder, his overly hot breath brushing your hair and the curve of your hair. "A sliver of comfort from you."

"From me." You echo. You let your arms drift around him, one cradling the back of his head and one resting at the small of his back. You laugh lightly, "You seem to have gone a little crazy under this fever. You don't care about me. I'm your arranged spouse, and you're my arranged husband." You feel your heart twist. He doesn't care so what's the need for proximity. Jungwon pulls back in a rush and for a moment his eyes haze over like he's pushing through a spell of dizziness. His gaze clears and returns to you, eyes wide and pretty and dark. "You think I don't care?"

"Well, yeah." You chuckle dryly. "Now- now, just, freshen up, I'll make you some tea."

"No." Jungwon pouts.