Ten

TILL THE END
˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

IT WAS SKYE'S first day at her new job as a teacher. She walked into the school and as she walked through the hallways she almost forgot that she was no longer a student. It felt weird to be back at her old high school, especially to be back as a teacher.

She walked into the teachers lounge and she felt so out of place, she had never been in the teachers lounge before it was always forbidden for kids. But she wasn't a kid anymore.

All eyes were on the young girl once she entered the lounge, all the teachers stared and whispered. She was used to getting those stares from her old classmates, she didn't expect them from the teachers too.

She decided to just ignore them and she grabbed herself a cup of coffee.

"Skye?"

Skye turned around mid-sip and was surprised to see her old English teacher, "Ms.Willis?" The woman smiled at the young girl, "It's so good to see you again! I heard you were a teacher here but I didn't think it was true." Ms.Willis said.

"No, yeah, I'm only here for the summer so I applied to be a summer school teacher, and here I am, but you're still here? I thought you would've retired by now, or go somewhere else that is." Skye said.

"Oh please, I'm not that old, but yeah I'm still here, I'm also teaching summer school like every year." Ms.Willis said and Skye nodded, "Well, it was nice to see you again, Ms.Willis, I better get going to my classroom, wow that feels so weird to say." Skye let out a laugh.

"Yeah, you get used it." Ms.Willis laughed along.

"Alright, well, see you around." Ms.Willis nodded and Skye left the lounge with her coffee in hand. If she was going to get through the day she needed some caffeine in her body.

She walked into her classroom and she just stood there for a second taking it all in. She was going to be a teacher, how the hell does one be a teacher? What exactly was she supposed to say to the kids? What would she teach them?

She didn't even want to be a teacher so why was she even here? And then she remembered, because she wanted money.

She sighed and she set her stuff down on her desk. She sat there drinking her coffee as she waited for the bell to ring to signal that class was starting.

Once it did she stood up and began writing stuff on the chalk board, she didn't even know what she was supposed to write so she just wrote, "Welcome"

One by one the kids started to file in, she smiled at them as they walked in and they gave her weak but small smiles back. She turned her back on them to finish writing on the chalk board, and as she wrote she heard a whistle come from one of the students.

"Damn, who's the chick?" It was a male voice.

Skye turned around and gave the young boy a glare, "This chick, is your teacher, so please find a seat and sit down." She gave him a fake smile and remained calm.

The boy raised his hands up in defense and walked over to a desk, "About time we got a hot teacher, am I right?" The boy smacked another one of the boy's shoulder. The other guy only shook his head at him, not wanting to get in trouble.

Skye rolled her eyes ignoring his comments and she stood in front of all the students. She waited a few seconds for the second bell to ring and then she began talking.