Survival; With Hope Comes Despair And Prolonged Suffering

TW: This Chapter contains gore galore and excessive vomiting

~~~

Blood rots fast. Chester swears he'll never get used to the sharp metallic pungent odor as he enters the bathroom to assess the damage.

The dazzle of light on the black and white tile is relieved by glistening scrawls and blots of red. He grimaces at the headless corpse leaning stiffly against stained porcelain, coated in a ruby film.

Chester's watery eyes rove further up the wall. The ceiling is crisscrossed with dark spray patterns of blood and he gawks because how the hell did it get all the way up there?!

"PARKER!" His voice carries across the hall to the living room where Parker had gotten up in the middle of the night to crash on the sofa, leaving Chester to wake up to an empty bed after experiencing nightmares in which he'd wake up alone and get attacked by monsters.

"It's for the best dude." Parker had said after Chester approached him with tears in his eyes and warnings of nearly having a heart attack.

He shuffles into the bathroom with a yawn and instantly wrinkles his nose. "Ugh."

"Bro, I thought I told you not to make a mess," Chester points to the ceiling. Parker cringes at the gorey mess and rubs the back of his neck sheepishly, "Oh, uh.. sorry about that."

Chester thinks he has some PTSD surrounding the trauma of the basement full of dog carcasses. The maggots, the horrible disfigurements, the stench.. And now this. Frankly, he's more than tired of cleaning up this stuff and can't help but sigh in frustration, a tincture of exasperation sharpening the edges of his tone.

"Well, do you think you could be a little less violent next time? It looks like this guy got mauled by a bear, or like, a pack of wolves."

Parker's hand drops and his brows pull together in a frown, clearly offended. "Bro, what do you expect? I don't exactly have control when I get hungry."

"If you were so hungry then why is there so much left? Honestly it just looks like you pushed around the food on your plate."

"Dude the brain itself is literally 3 pounds, you can't expect me to eat an entire person.." he exhales deeply and rubs his tired eyes, "I don't even know why I'm arguing with you about this.."

Chester crosses his arms, "It just seems like such a waste," he mumbles and adds, "all of it needs to be gone before I can get you anything else."

Parker's eyes widen, "I can't eat this!" He gestures to the boy who is now a rotting husk of meat made rancid by stewing in its own blood, shit, and noxious gases. Unidentified scarlet sacs spill out of every jagged gash like pustules from a giant festering wound. He'd rather drink his own piss.. o-or something!

"I don't want to kill another innocent person unless I have to," Chester pushes past his friend, in need of fresh air.

~~~

"This is so disgusting.." Parker speaks quietly into the empty room while kneeling infront of massacred flesh. He isn't even hungry, but the meat is only going to spoil the longer he waits, and maybe he won't get hungry so fast if he can only force himself..

His hand dips into the warm gooey cavern, mixing fluids and rearranging the abscess of swollen organs in a blind search for something substantial, but is at a complete loss. Parker coughs into the back of his hand and turns his head away, wishing the nameless creature entwined deep within the root of his infection would come out and save him the trouble.

He could probably recede into the endless corridor of his mind. But there's always that chance of getting lost.

It's only a day old, quite being a coward and just eat.