Chapter 8: I never wanted peace until mother was happy (Nyxs pov)

"Mummy" I screamed running after my mother, as she walked away from me sobbing. A police officer was dragging her away. I looked back to find my bloody, bruised and pale body.

I finally caught up to her and went to hug her before I fell straight through her, that's when I realised I had a faint white glow around me and my body was partially translucent.

"Sweetie" called a female voice.

I look over to find a women her hair flowed down her back and she wore a beautiful white dress that fell down to her ankles along with white heels she also had a pair of white and gold wings that spread out, a large halo sat floating above her.

"It's time to go" she held out her hand towards me.

"No, im not leaving mummy isn't happy" I cried out looking over at my mother who sobbed into the arms of a officer.

"But child you must come they are waiting" called another this time male, his hair was neatly combed back, he wore a white suit with his wings and halo matching the women's, he too held out his hand.

"Darling please" called a voice Nyx hasn't heard in years.

"Daddy?" I asked looking over at the man that stood in front of the others.

"Stay if you must but know they will not stop trying" he whispered embracing his daughter.

I watched my mother fall apart for one and a half years before deciding to head to a doctor. Soon my little brother Ace was born, we shared a birthday. I stood in front of his crib mother was sleeping and yet the little boy looked up at me.
"Baba" he babbled, reaching towards me.
I leaned down towards him as my hand touched. "Hello brother" I cooed, him falling back to sleep.

He looked like me, as if I had been reborn into a life that was cut short. I knew this was impossible considering I never went to the blinding light, much to the angel's annoyance. They begged me for months before giving up and leaving me with a necklace and a code word:

Future....

It was the only way to stop them I aged while being a ghost and yet I learned to master some power I held, I changed my hair and clothes and I could change back into my death form: The age I died.

I watched my mother's partial happiness with the new child but as time went on he grew up to look like me, we wore the same coloured clothes but unlike me he grew up and into a teenager. This made mother sad as her little girl was no more. Memories of me started fading and this scared her the most. She changed yelling and locking him away, he begged and sobbed for months.

Every time I was there to comfort him...

I stood in the middle of the road watching my brother embrace his so called friend.

"Brother" I whispered, only he could see and hear me.

He nodded to let me know he was listening. "I'm glad your happy but this means I need to go" I whispered, trying to hold back tears. He gave me a sad smile before I vanished from his eyes.

I stood in the bedroom with my mother.

She needs me.....