murder 🪡

You were helping broom the ground, it was covered in glass from the attack, you would tip toe out of the way of the glass just in case

You were helping broom the ground, it was covered in glass from the attack, you would tip toe out of the way of the glass just in case. Atsushi was deep in his thoughts as he picked things off the floor. Ranpo played around with his marble drink, a smile spread across his face. "Hey, hey, Harunocchi." Ranpo calls over an employee. "Can you take the marble out of this bottle?" Ranpo doesn't even face her as he hands her his glass bottle. "Sure, right away." Harunocchi smiles as she takes the bottle from Ranpo's hand. "A marble?" Atsushi sweat drops at Ranpo's behavior.

Harunocchi placed the glass bottle on a tray, and she hits the bottle with a hammer. The bottle obviously breaks, revealing a blue marble. "Is this what you wanted, Ranpo-san?" Harunocchi has the marble in between two of her fingers and goes to give it to Ranpo. "Yes." Ranpo takes the marble from her, Atsushi is shaking as he watches them. "Marbles are nice, aren't they?" Atsushi walks over to Kunikida.

"Um, isn't Ranpo-san going to help?" Ranpo suddenly spoke this caused Atsushi to freak out. "Kunikida-kun." The blue marble sparkled in the sun. "I have to head off to a job soon." Ranpo jumped off his desk. "Oh, to assist with the murder case?" Kunikida turned to look at Ranpo. "Indeed, the police in this city can't capture even a single criminal without my help. Still..." Ranpo smirked. "My Ultra-Deduction is the best ability in this agency... or even the entire nation. I guess it's no small wonder that everyone depends on it."

"We're indebted to you, Ranpo-san." Kunikida spoke. "Good, as long as you're aware. That's right. Though you call yourselves a detective agency, you lot don't have the deductive powers of a single monkey. The only reason they can call themselves a detective agency and function as one is my ability, Ultra-Deduction." Y/n stopped what he was doing and looked over at Ranpo.

"Your ability is the best, Ranpo!!"

"Ultra-Deduction is so amazing... An ability that lets you see right to the heart of any case in an instant." Ranpo was being surrounded by a few of the other agency members.  "You are a role model for the Agency... No, for all gifted people." Kunikida complimented him. Atsushi was the only one looking uneasy, he was shocked when he heard Kunikida compliment Ranpo.

"Of course."

"Brat, Y/n." Y/n was quick to walk over to Kunikida. "Y-yes?" Atsushi stuttered. "Never mind the clean-up here. You both go with Ranpo-san. The place's close by train." Y/n nodded. "Alrighty!!" Y/n ran to his desk and grabbed his backpack from under his desk. "M-me as a detective's assistant? That's a great responsibility..." Atsushi was nervous. "Of course not." Ranpo spoke up. "I'm not some two-bit detective. I don't need an assistant."

"Then why are we going with you?"

"Well, see, I don't know how to take a train."