Disobeying Orders

Y/N POV

I went to the gym to punch out my anger. Why didn't Cyclone talk to me first. I was so focused until a hand grabs my should and I stop and look at Pete and say, "I heard. I'm sorry. What are we gonna do?"

He looks at me and sighs, "What choice do I have?"

I continue punching, "You'll have to find a way back on your own."

"No, honey. I'm out. This is over." I stop and look at my husband, "Pete. If you lost your wingman up there, you'd keep fighting. You wouldn't just give up. Those are your, pilots, our pilots. If anything happens to them, you'll never forgive yourself. I know I wouldn't."

He looks down and sighs, "I don't know what to do."

I smile and say, "But you'll find a way. I know you will. Though I know something that we can do to scare the shit out of Cyclone."

3rd POV

In the training Cyclone 'the instructor'. "Captain Mitchell is no longer your instructor. And as of today, there are new mission parameters. Time to target is now four minutes. You'll be entering the valley level at reduced speed. Not to exceed 420 knots."

Payback asks, "Sir, won't we be giving their planes time to intercept?"

Cyclone looks at the Lieutenant, "Well, lieutenant, you have a fighting chance against enemy aircraft. What are the odds of surviving a head-on collision with a mountain?

You'll be attacking the target from a higher altitude, level with the north wall. Gonna be a little harder to keep your laser on target, but you will avoid the high-g climb out."

Rudy mutters to Hangman, "We'll be sitting ducks for enemy missiles."

Then monitor beeps and they all see two jets on the screen heading towards the course. Cyclone asks, "Who the hell is that?"

Hunter says in the COMS, "Maverick to range control. Entering point Alpha. Confirm green range."

Range control answers, "Uh, Ma'am, range control, uh, green range is confirmed. I don't see an event scheduled for you, ma'am."

Maverick answers, "Well, We're going anyway."

Phoenix, "Nice."

Hunter finishes telling the group, "Setting time to target: Two minutes 15 seconds."

Trouble, "2:15? That's impossible."

Maverick, "Final attack point. Maverick and Hunter inbound."

They turn off their COMS and do the course and finish hitting the target with 15 sec to spare.