syracuse

may 24th, 2016.

.before.

@paulamaureenbrady

Liked by tombrady, camillekostek, and 291 others

paulamaureenbrady First time on the mic!!! @syracusechiefs Thank you @syracuseu 🍊🧡

gisele Worker girl 😆

tombrady Told you it was cold out there...

tvturner Thanks for hanging with us! ✌🏼

bridgetmoynahan So proud 💜

View all 15 comments

▩   ▩   ▩

paula had her eyes glued to james intently. she had volunteered and worked at many other big sports games before, but they were all collegiate level. this was her first "major" assignment, because she got to work for the washington national's triple a affiliate. it was her dream to work in the nfl, but she also aspired to serve some time in the mlb too.

they were playing the yankees triple a affiliate today. paula had to be on camera in ten minutes, and she was starting to get a little nervous.

"okay, so this is kyle. he's gonna be your cameraman. you have your notes and a rundown of the team's current stats, correct?" james asked.

paula nodded back to him with wide-eyes. she then waved at kyle.

"don't work yourself up too much, paula." he continued, seeing the fright in her eyes, "this is no different than sunday syracuse games."

"i know, i know," she asserted. she didn't know. she thought this was way different. she thought this was out of her league.

"paula we need you!" someone from the production team called.

"break a leg," james smiled.

paula and her cameraman walked over to the first base line near the visitor's dugout where they had the camera and mic set up.

she stood in front of it, examining herself in the little lense above the camera that she could see herself in. behind her was a couple of the opposing team players warming up. one of them was aaron judge, she recognized him because he was a top prospect in the yankees system. he was also seven feet tall.

kyle began to adjust the focus of the camera as she neared her que to begin talking. her notepad was propped up on one of the tripods just in case.

"okay paula, 3... 2... 1... action!"

the girl brought her signature pageant smile to her face as the camera began rolling. she waited two seconds to make sure none of her words were cutoff, then started talking.