Twelve

Marion and Robera grunted together the second they sat Kirex down on a round metal chair

The chair glowed blue around the edge. It was placed on a low, disk platform with tubes and wires connected to the back of the arched headrest—where Kirex's head was killed to the side.

Marion breathe out and stepped down the platform.

Robera followed him soon after, watching the transparent cubicles lined on both sides of the walls.

The whole chamber was a long, narrow aisle with an open floor-lifter on the far end of the room. It elevated the roboxes to the four different sectional heights of the chamber which housed their share of metal chairs and cubicles that worked as a divider between each charging chair.

Those wired chairs worked automatically to recharge a robox as soon as they sat on them so Robera and Marion didn't have to do much other than placing Kirex on one of the first sections on the left.

"I think that's enough." Marion sighed.

Robera could only nod in response before starting to walk toward the glass door entrance.

"What are we going to do now?" Marion strode fast to catch up with her.

Robera's face grew somber as she remained silent.

Marion frowned and gently pressed his hand on her shoulder.

Robera froze for a second and gulped.

"The toughest job of the night."

And she walked out the door, leaving Marion's hand suspended in the air.

It took a moment to curl his thin fingers back before Marion sighed and followed Robera.

***

"Are you sure?" Marion asked, watching Robera with a worried frown as she rummage through a red crate full of uzis, shotguns, and glocks.

After a quick exploration of the ground floor, Marion and Robera found a rare, laminated map of the building in an abandoned store room. There, Robera found the weapon chamber located on the third floor and insisted on going there.

With the map being that old, Marion had his doubt whether they would really find a weapon room or a renovated kitchen for robox's food fetish. Apparently, these metal boxes couldn't eat but surely loved to keep some of the human aesthetics alive—such as storing fresh food items regularly—even if it was utterly useless for them.

However, Robera had thrown Marion a big glare and an even bigger smile when they found the ultimate heaven for all things firearms in that exact same spot.

Robera moved to another of the thousand crates and bucked her back and buried her elbow deep in the flaming waiting to happen.

Robera hummed and straighten her back only to hand him over a loaded machine gun.