5

POV: Kokichi

—V—

I was kinda having a hard time focusing on my lunch. What Shuichi said... there's no way, right? He wouldn't actually kill someone he seemed so fond of. Nope, no way, I won't believe it. But when he said it, he seemed so sure, and a little sad. He couldn't have lied to me, I would've seen through it. I'm a natural Lie Detector for crying out loud! But if given the chance, would he kill... me?-

"Hello? Earth to Cockichi Oma? We're 15 minutes until lunch break ends and I think you missed my entire speech about why boobs are better than dicks," a certain voice I'm all too familiar with broke through my thoughts. "...Miu, that wasn't what we were talking about at all-" Kaede started before Miu put a finger to her lips, shushing her in the process.

Kaede grabbed her hand to pull it away from her face, "Actually Kokichi, we were talking about that Hope's Peek has actually managed to get one of the main despairs to full recovery."

I nearly spat out my Panta, "I'm Sorry, WHAT?!-" "Yeah, surprisingly the one everyone expected to be the hardest was actually the easiest. Although that might just be due to the fact literal experiments were performed on her to do so." "Wait, her? You don't mean that-"

Suddenly as if on cue, I heard a voice behind me, "Heya! May I sit with you guys? There aren't any other spots around." Kaede smiled at her, "Of course! Here, you can sit beside me!"

The girl in question has long red hair that went all the way down, stopping at her mid thighs just like her skirt. She seemed a bit older than the rest of us, probably around the age of our higher ups. She had loosely tied a red bow around her neck, and based on how the turtleneck hugged her torso, her size rivaled Miu's. She had glistening red eyes and a face I'm sure some people would be attracted to, but not me. Even though I knew for a fact I'd never seen her before, I could have sworn I'd seen her somewhere.

She sat herself down next to Kaede, so basically across the table from me. "Apologies, I believe I forgot to introduce myself!" She laughed as she sat what looked like a book ontop of the table infront of her, "I'm Ryoko Otonashi, and I'm the Ultimate Analyst!"

"Nice to meet you Otonashi-San! I'm Kaede Akamatsu, the Ultimate Pianist!" Kaede greeted back, "And this next to me is Miu Iruma the Ultimate Inventor, a seat over from her is Korekiyo Shinguji the Ultimate Anthropologist, next to him is Rantaro Amami, and across the table from me is Kokichi Oma, the Ultimate Supreme Leader!" Ryoko smiled at us, "It's nice to meet you all too! And Akamatsu-Chan, please call me 'Ryoko', since it's easier to say," she then glanced down at her skirt and her eyes lit up. "Oh My Goodness, that skirt is adorable! Where'd you get it? It certainly fits someone who's a pianist!"

Kaede grinned, "I asked one the other members who can sew to embroider the music notes on." "It's simply amazing craftsmanship! May I touch one of them?" She asked, and Kaede held up a part of her skirt for Ryoko to inspect. "Just as I thought! Amazing work! Give my regards to the Ultimate who did this!" She laughed before calming down a bit, "Sorry if I get a bit loud. I have a weird love of fashion to the point I joke I was an Ultimate Fashionista in a past life."

I had failed to mention at this point that Miu's expression on her face wasn't exactly pleased at how this strander was looking at her girlfriend's skirt. After Ryoko finished complimenting Kaede, Miu proceeded to do the sensible thing, show her dominance, by grabbing her and pulling her into her lap. Miu wrapped her arms around Kaede's stomach and rested her face in the back of her neck. "Ah, Miu! Why are you being so clingy right now?" Kaede asked, quite flustered at Miu's sudden affection. "Do I need a reason to cuddle you in an innocent way?" Miu retorted back.