Help wanted (please!!!)

The soft sound of a broom sweeping was the only thing heard throughout the small burger restaurant, the bright lights illuminating the dark pavement outside. The new employee stretched until he heard that satisfying pop in his lower back, he had just finished his final chore of his first shift working at Bob's burgers. The teenager took off his apron and folded it over his arm before heading towards the basement, broom in hand, his sneakers squeaked as he walked due to the water on the freshly mopped bathroom floor.

"Hey boss, it's time for me to clock out"  the waiter said, smiling as he finally reached the bottom of the basement stairs, instead of his employer, Bob Belcher, he found Bob's wife, Linda Belcher. Nevertheless, his smile didn't falter, both people were a treasure to be around.

"Oh hi [ Y/N], gosh is it that time already?" Linda happily greeted, [ Y/N] spent most of the day with an introverted, reserved, awkward Bob, so he was always taken aback by how extroverted and bold Linda was. You could hear Linda from a mile away, whereas Bob had scared [ Y/N] throughout the day by accidentally sneaking up on him.  [ Y/N] thought they balanced out each other nicely. The tall woman in front of him had shoulder-length black hair that was straight with a curl at the bottom, sharp looking red glasses that rested on her tan skin, she wore a red long-sleeved blouse and blue jeans with beige slides.

"Well, how was your first day, tell me all about?" Linda continued and sat down on a nearby chair with her head in her hands, ready to listen to the newest employee's every word. [ Y/N] let out a small laugh as he put the broom back against the wall, it had been a while since anyone had asked about how his day went.

"It was fun, if not chaotic" [ Y/N] joked, scratching the back of his neck "I knew your kids helped around the restaurant, but I didn't expect them to be that involved, not that I didn't appreciate their help." the nervous boy caught himself before he accidentally offended Linda's kids to her face, his worries were drowned out by the joyful chuckle from the mum who sat across from him. "Yeah, they can be pieces of work sometimes"  Linda admitted, "but I love them all so much"  she said with love in her eyes and a content smile on her face. One of the main things [ Y/N] had noticed about Linda in the short time he had known her was, just how infectious her smile was. Every time, a smile would appear on Linda's face, [ Y/N] would end up with a matching one, so it was no surprise to him when he found himself smiling as Linda talked about her much she loved her children.

"So how was your day, Linda?"  [ Y/N] asked and listened intently as Linda talked about all the hi-jinx she and the kids got up to today.  [ Y/N] shoulders finally slumped, all day it felt like they were being pinned painfully in place as he tried his best to memorise the restaurants system. It was calming to listen to Linda talk about her kids, it felt like she could talk about her kids forever and never run out of interesting stories about her kids; Tina, Gene, and Louise Belcher. [ Y/N] let out an amused exhale, when Linda recounted the time Gene annoyed her husband, he accidentally put hot sauce on someone's burger instead of ketchup. Those kids are so lucky, [ Y/N] wished he had this kinda of relationship with his parents and brother or just any relationship with them, his smile slowly faded, which Linda quickly took notice of.  Linda looked at the boy, her smile also faded and was replaced with a concerned frown, "are you okay, [ Y/N]?"

"Hm?" [ Y/N] blinked his eyes a few times before focusing back on Linda "oh, yeah I'm fine, just got a bit lost for a second there," the nervous tremor barely noticeable in his voice, he checked his phone, his eyes scanning the time and dreading any messages from his parents.  "Shit..." He muttered to himself when he saw 5 messages from his dad, "I'm so sorry I've really gotta go, tell Bob I'll see him tomorrow."

"Okay, but-" Linda couldn't even get halfway through her sentence by the time the teenage boy was at the top of the stairs, "Byeee Linda!" "Bye kiddo" Linda sighed, she'd had only known [ Y/N]  for a couple of hours, but she felt like something was wrong, it's in her parental intuition to notice when something's up with kids and something was definitely up with [ Y/N]. His mannerisms, how hard he flinched when Bob put his hand on his shoulder, how his eyes watered when he accidentally smashed a plate and the dark bags around them. Something just didn't feel right, and it got more and more concerning throughout the day.

[Y/N]'s hand shook as a reached for the doorknob that was barely visible, being overshadowed by the dark, still, night. The calm, cool evening didn't help the tight, sickening feeling that crept up his spine the closer he got to the door. When he opens the door, he will either be met with two angry parents or a dark, empty, silent house. The pounding in his chest hoped and prayed for the latter, [ Y/N]'s hand finally touched the cool metal doorknob and twisted his hand, expecting the click of the door opening.

Locked, Of course.

"I'm sure he's fine, Lin"  Bob reassured his wife as they got ready for bed, "he was probably just nervous, it was his first day...although."

" What? Did something happen?"   Linda eagerly waited for his response, she wanted to know if someone shared her same worries. Bob thought for a second, looking at his wife as they sat in bed, he eventually let out a sigh before running his hand through his depleting black hair.  [ Y/N] reminded Bob so much of himself at that age, his heart sank just thinking about it. He really hopes it's just a coincidence and [ Y/N] isn't going through the same thing he went through with his father.  "It's nothing, nevermind" Bob let out another sigh, "but if you're really concerned I'll keep a close eye on him tomorrow for you" He promised. "Oh, thank you, Bobby," Linda covered his face in kisses before cuddling against his chest, "I love you Bobby."

"I love you too, Lin."

A/N: Hi, hope you enjoyed the first chapter,I just wanted to let you know that this takes place at the very start of the series, so you know where we are at in the timeline.

A/N: if youre writing a Y/n Wattpad fanfic with the Google Chrome extension "POV replacer" downloaded, remove it real quick it can replace every y/n with whatever word you put in there, and you have to manually fix all the "y/ns" even if you turn the extension off. If there are any y/ns I forgot to fix please tell me in the comments Ty <3