1

Travis POV:

Travis paced his room. "What to do, what to do." He internally screamed at himself. It was Saturday now, and Travis has no idea what he was going to do on Monday. What would Sal think of him? Does he know? He scratched out who it was to so obviously he wouldn't know. But the scribble was so short maybe he could tell that it was his name! But Ash also has a short name- but that wouldn't make sense because the note is obviously about being gay! "UGH!" He flailed his body on the bed, silently screaming into the pillow until his jaw hurt.

Butterflies swarmed in his stomach, gnawing away at his bones until all that was left was sad, sad emotions and a terrified teenagers mind. He didn't know what to think, he didn't know how to organize himself. He couldn't organize himself.

He felt stuck.

He couldn't breathe right, he couldn't see right, he couldn't feel right. he began to panic. It settled in his stomach and rose to his hands, they shook and shook until they hurt. It rose to his chest and made breathing become impossible. It rose to his jaw as it clenched tight. And finally it rose to his mind, where he felt he was losing himself. "Control yourself, Travis. You are fine." He blinked, and then blinked again. He blinked until his eyes burned.

He sighed and slid down to the floor, resting his back against the bed frame. One stupid crush- no, one stupid boy, was controlling his entire day. No. He would not let that happen. He is the son of Kenneth Phelps, he is better than that. Monday will be fine. Yeah, it'll be great. He will hide in the bathrooms during lunch, avoid Sal at all costs. Yeah! Perfect. Travis smiled to himself. He was so smart, wasn't he? Such a smart boy. Soooooo smart.

Sal POV:

Sal laid on Larry's bed, silently bobbing his head to Sanity's Fall new album, not really paying attention to the lyrics. "Soooo...how's the tunes Sallyface?" Larry asked, and Sal didn't respond. "Sally?" Larry shook Sal's shoulder, shaking him out of his thoughts. "Huh- oh, sorry. Zoned out. Yeah the music is good, I like the song." He nodded, clearly not paying attention to anything Larry was saying.

He was thinking of Travis.

Travis and the note. Travis and the note and the fact his name was scribbled out on the bottom. He could see it clear as day, yet he wasn't sure how to confront Travis about it. What would he say? "Oh yeah, by the way I know the note I talked to you about was to me and I know you're gay." He laughed to himself at the thought of saying that. He knew it'd kill Travis on the spot to even hint to him that Sal knew it was to him.

"Whatcha laughin' at?" Larry asked, slightly annoyed that he was so zoned out during their conversations. "Nothing, I'm just thinking." Sal responded, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, I'm gassed, I'm gonna go in the treehouse for a bit, Kay?" Larry stretched out, not even waiting for a response as his mile-long legs took not even 3 steps before he was already out the door. Sal shrugged.

He just couldn't get Travis out of his mind, it was like he was stuck there. Sal came up with what to say and decided he'd just steadily become friends with him, maybe. Just try to communicate what made Travis so angry all the time. He knew it was his father. Kenneth Phelps, one of the strictest people to beknownst to mankind. He knew Travis was gay, and that he was so angry at Sal because of the beliefs his father pushed unto him. But he needed Travis to say it. He needed Travis to talk to Sal. And if it took being Travis' friend to figure out what's wrong and to help Travis, then by god Sal would do it.

Hopefully.