15

Did they have any willpower left? Mira huffed and stared at an equally tried Elias.

"YAYYYY!" Mira's second victory today, except this tasted sweeter. She wiped the string of sweat at the side of her cheek as a huge smile formed on her face. Elias stared at his closest friend with her big smile and he couldn't help but smile too. All the tiredness was wiped clean due to Mira's contagiousness.

"What?" Mira stared at her friend with a confused look. Elias was looking back at her with a somewhat zoned out smile. Then a strand of hair which had fallen to her face got removed by him.

"Nothing. I'm just happy." He said with a larger smile than hers. He truly, truly was.

"Wow kids. You really ought to redeem yourselves. Should have made this pairing to begin with then all that wood would not have been wasted, eh?" Rando walked closer to the duo. Mira shrugged at him and started to pick up the wood pieces and shavings to clean her, Ares and Elias' mess. Rando looked at the girl with a small smile.

"Kai was right, you are truly something. Thank you for the help. We may have gone off the wrong foot but, you're a good kid Mira."

"Does that mean I get the wage back?" She asked hopefully and he chuckled.

"No. You still cost me a lotta wood, sorry kid." Rando shrugged it off. "Alrighty, don't get all down now. I'm treatin' y'all with dinner tonight. Come on now."

As he disappeared from Mira and Elias' vision, Elias walked up to her and took a hold of her hand and tugged it to gesture to her to walk with him. "We'll walk side by side."

He knew she hated being left out. So, he made a quick mental promise to try his best and ensure she never felt so again. He had grown a soft spot for the girl who was the first one to welcome him with open arms, and one of the few to show him kindness.

"Thank you." She said. They walked towards the rest of the gang and took a seat on the ground. The spot next to Ares was filled by Mira and next to hers by Elias.

"Did you finish the roller coaster?" Ares asked once she sat down next to him.

"Not yet, but the frame is done. Can't believe we're the ones building it." She said with slight excitement and Ares and Elias nodded with a smile.

"You're not the ones building it. That is extremely dangerous. A bunch of mitos building the festival, ya right!" Nina said, rolling her eyes followed by a sarcastic scoff. "You're so dumb God."

"At least I'm not a snob." Mira rolled her eyes. "Or a bitch."

Then at that instant, a force similar to a palm hit the back of Mira's head and pushed her forward. She braced herself to fall but felt her hands being pulled back to help her balance herself.

"Damn you're clumsy." Ares said, helping her up by grabbing an arm.

"She didn't fall for that. Some kind of pressure pushed her back." Elias said letting go of her other arm when she had finally stabilized herself.

"I wasn't talking to you." Ares said. Elias was about to interject but they both shut up when they saw Mira getting up and walking towards Nina.

Red. That's all that Mira could see. She has had enough of her bullshit. So she did one thing, probably not her best decision but the most satisfying one she had ever made.

"FUCK YOU NINA!" And with that a slap landed on Nina's left cheek. Rando walked up to them and saw Elias and Ares gasp dramatically as Mira jumped on top of Nina like a wild animal. Before anyone could stop them or even utter anything, Nina pushed her away by throwing her away from herself. Elias tried to catch her but failed as she flicked right past him in a flash. Right as she was hitting the ground, she quickly grabbed a few pebbles and threw it towards Nina. Nina squealed and put her hand in front of her face to dodge the pebbles. It all fell straight to the ground midway from the air.