1.12

August, 0. Me, 9

iMessage . Real life

Ice Cream's Less Tasty Counterpart

SOS

What?

I'm trying to sleep

It's five pm...

So?

Fair

Anyway I'm going to tell you
something and you have to promise
not to get mad

I can't promise that but go on

Okay

I don't love Bran. The only reason
we're so close is because we have
a PR thing going on. I don't like
him like that. At least not anymore.
I was told that i couldn't tell anyone
so I didn't but now it's all falling
apart and I can't do anything because
he's got this really fucking tight
chokehold on me and any wrong
move could ruin everything
(SEEN 5 MINUTES AGO)

Conan?

I am so mad at you right now

You and everyone else
(SEEN 2 MINUTES AGO)

Okay, I get it Conan

I just want to talk

Please

"You look like shit," Mallory commented as she welcomed August into her house

August sniffled and hugged herself, "Everyone hates me, Lory. All of my friends. You, Taylor. Everyone that I love hates me."

"I don't hate you," Mallory furrowed her eyebrows.

The actress shook her head, "Then you're mad at me, or disappointed. I'd rather you just hate me like everyone else."

The ex-runner sighed, "Why does everyone hate you?"

"I made a mistake and I can't fix it. I have tried so hard, but it just won't go away and now everyone's finding out and I can't do anything about it. Sadie and Caleb are mad at me, Conan won't respond to my messages. Gracie and I... we haven't been the same since July. You're mad that I chose Bran and Taylor is mad with you. I just... I just want it all to go away."

"It seems like you're experiencing something called 'the consequences of your own actions'," Mallory hummed, "What did you do?" August looked down and bit her lip. "Something that you can't tell me about? Hm."

The actress wiped her eyes and hugged Mallory tightly. The way a little kid would do to their parents after being picked up from a bad day at school. August choked on a sob, "I just want Gracie back. I can't breathe without her, but I have to and it hurts so bad."

"Then get her back," Mallory said as though it was obvious.

"It's not that easy though. Bran-"

"This is all his fault?" Mallory cut her off, making August tense in her arms, "I'm going to kill him."

"No. No, it's my fault," August said truthfully, "I signed a contract. A PR thingy. I just... He made me think that it was what was best for me."

"That doesn't explain the kisses in private. The 'I love yous'," August frowned deeply and Mallory broke away, looking at her sister's teary eyes. She deflated in realisation, "Oh, August."

"I thought if I could make myself love him like I love her the year would be easier to get through." She said plagiarising a confident smile, "It only hurts this much right now, though, right? It'll get better."

"August," Mallory started. "How hard have you tried to terminate the contract?"

"Harder than I'd care to admit," August said. "I tried When i realised it would cost me Gracie. Again when he brought me to a party and left me alone. I've tried so hard so many times, but I just have to wait."

"I'm sorry," Her sister said sincerely.

August shrugged, "I only have myself to blame."