5•talking

Mandi pov}
The next morning I woke up confused. I was home alone. Then I remembered they went on a honey moon. I'll be home alone for two months.im actually kind of excited.
I changed into neon green shorts a black tank top that said never grow up and a Mickey Mouse necklace my dad gave me. I put on a pair of high helped Nike wedges and climbed threw my window and onto my roof. I always do this when I get the chance. It's like my thinking place.
"Hey!" A voice suddenly yelled snapping me out of my thoughts. I jumped a little then saw Carl leaning out a window. "What?" I asked. Then he waS climbing onto his roof getting ready to jump. "I swear if you jump-!" I yelled but was cut off when he jumped. "You could've missed and died" I said. He gave me a 'really?' Look and I just shrugged. He sat doing an next to me. "So what are you doing on your roof upon this fine morning?" He asked in a stupid voice. "Thinking" I said and laid down. He followed my lead. We both just stared up at the sky. Then I could feel his eyes burning the side of my head. "If you want to ask me something do it" I said not looking away from the sky. "So if your step dad beats you. Why didn't you just tell your mom?" He asked. I sighed. Saw that coming. "Well I know he beats me but he makes my mom happy. He's another person around get and I don't wanna ruin her happiness. " I said. It was the truth. He stayed silent. I looked over at him. He was already looking at me. "Let's go somewhere" he said. "Where?" I asked. "The park or something" he shrugged. I nodded. We both climbed down from the roof and began walking to the park. "I've never noticed how short you are" he said randomly. I paused and looked at him. "Really?" I asked giving him a death look. He laughed. "So you asked me a question so I get to ask you one" I said. "Alright what is it?" He asked. "So I've seen how you are in school. You mr. Badass. But around me your another person. Why is that?" I asked looking at him.
Carl pov}
Why do I act different. "You can answer. I don't really mind why. It's just a question" she said. "I don't know" I said. "Oh come on there's gotta be a reason" she said nudging me. "I seriously don't know. I just do" I said. I wasn't lying. "Alriiiight" she said stretching the I
When we got to the park she went straight to the swings making me laugh. "Bet I swung higher than you" I challenged. "Your on Gallagher" she laughed.
Mandi pov}
In the middle of our swinging competition some blonde chick came up to us. "Carl why are you with her?" She spat giving me a disgusted look. "Hello to you too Holly" he said. "C'mon Carl she's a dork why would you wanna hang out with her?" She said. "Cmon hang out with us" she said twirling a piece of hair around her finger. I rolled my eyes."alright" Carl said a smirk evident on his face. That shocked me. I thought we were hanging out? Then he got up and left with her. "Well bye carl!" I shouted but they both ignored me. I got up and started walking home.
Of course lost! Cause it's just one of those days! Then something wet landed on my head. Really? You've probably noticed I'm lost. And now it's raining. Cause that's just my luck. I wrapped my arms around myself. I started walking hopefully towards my house. Soon enough a car slowed down next to me. I glanced over and to my relief it was Fiona. "Need a ride?" She asked I nodded and hopped in the car. "Thanks" I said. She nodded "no problem" she said giving me a smile. "So what were you doing 13 blocks away from the house alone?" She asked. I went that far? Wow. "I went to the park. Then I got lost" I said. Then we got to the house. "Thanks for the ride Fiona!" I yelled running into my house.
As soon as I got inside I dried off and changed into grey sweatpants with pink on the waist line and a blue Cami. I don't care if it doesn't match I'm not doing anything anyway. I sighed and put a random movie in. I put popcorn in the microwave and started my lonely movie marathon.
Two and a half movies later there was a knock on the door. I opened it a little and saw Carl. "Mandi-" I stopped him by slamming the door shut. "Nope! Don't wanna hear it!" I yelled walking back to the couch. "Cmon let me make it up to you!" He yelled. "No! Go home!" I said. "Ever heard of three strikes? I'm inly at 2" he said. I huffed. Asshole. I opened the door. "1 more strike Gallagher" I said. "Then your done" I finished. "So what do you wanna do?" He asked. I noticed his eyes travel down to the small amount of my chest that was showing. I scoffed "eyes are up her" I lifted his head my my pointer finger. His cheeks flushed a little red. "Now let's go watch movies " I said and grabbed his arm.
Carl pov}
A few movies later Mandi fell asleep. She was now laying with her head on my chest and her arms around my waist. I put my chin on her head and wrapped my arms around her. Why do I act different around her? Do I like her? No no I can't. I haven't known her long enough. But do I? I think I do. Shit.

A/n- I just read this over and realized how awful this is. I greatly apologize for that. Thanks for reading!!