Chapter 1

"Looking for this short stack?" The villain called out to the hero. The hero looked up to see the villain standing on the roof of the building with an object in hand. "That is not fair, you're on a goddamn roof, of course you're taller than me!" The hero yelled back sarcastically. The villain chuckled. "Alright, let's make this fair game then". Smiling, the villain hopped down off the rooftop, landing on his feet. The hero's sidekick let out a cackle. "wow man, you are kind of short". The villain glared at her thoroughly.

"Alright, I'm out" the sidekick said, before quickly stepping aside. The hero slightly gasped, giving the sidekick a 'come back here before I beat your ass' glare. The sidekick looked from the villain, then to the hero, not being able to decide who to follow. She quickly decided that she would be in 20 % more pain if she listened to the hero, as the villain would just kill her, and the hero could not as he still needed a sidekick. The hero sighed before shifting his attention to the villain.

"Alright, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way, either is fine with me." The villain chuckled. "Not to be rude, but you're as intimidating as a butterfly sweetheart" The villain replied. The hero blushed and the villain started again, but was quickly interrupted by a strong force that pulled him to the ground. The hero grabbed the object that was in the villain's hand, still on top of him. "How's that for being as intimidating as a butterfly?" The hero sneered. The villain scowled before smirking again.

"Y'know you can get off me now, or are you enjoying this?" The hero's face flushed as he quickly realized that they were sitting on top of the villain, nearly pinning them down. The hero quickly got off the villain, and in the moment, the sirens of the police could be heard. "Sorry Love, got to run!" The villain exclaimed. The hero tried to grab the villain's arm, but he swiftly shifted his body before the hero could do so.

The villain was now on top of the roof when he heard a shout. "WAIT!" The villain turned around in surprise, and he saw the hero at the edge of the roof. "Um- I- What's your name?" The hero spat out quickly stuttering on a few words. The villain looked at him in shock, but quickly smiled. "My names Leo, don't forget it" The villain winked and went back to getting away. The hero whispered a soft but still audible whisper "I won't" before the police finally got out of their cars to search the scene.

The sidekick was next to them, and quickly hurried over to the hero. "Wow, look at my trusty sidekick coming to save the day, nice of you to drop in". The Sidekick let out a soft laugh. "Sorry about that, but to be fair, he would've killed me, all you can do is fire me". The hero sighed, and the sidekick gave him an apologetic look. "Hey, did you get any information?" The sidekick questioned, quickly changing the topic. The hero thought deeply about the villain, not only about what he said, but the look in his eye when he said it. "Oh- um- no- no, sorry. I tried, but he wouldn't budge" The hero responded quickly. The sidekick had a tint of disappointment in her eyes, but quickly went back to her cheery, funny self. "Don't worry about it, we'll get something eventually". The hero nodded. 'Yea, eventually'.

The hero and the sidekick quickly parted ways, and the hero headed home at last, to finally get some rest. The hero took off his suit, which was highly uncomfortable. After the suit was taken off, the hero climbed into bed, setting an alarm for later in the night.

The hero rubbed his eyes and rose from his bed, picking up his phone. '9am...9am...' his eyes suddenly widened, and he felt his soul leave his body. '9 AM?!' He quickly jumped out of bed and looked out the window, which happened to be on the other side of his bedroom. 'Holy shit, I actually slept for like, 16 hours'. The hero jumped at the sound of his phone notifications going off. 'Damn PTSD' he thought, and chuckled to himself over the joke. He unlocked his phone to reveal a text from his sidekick.

Usually, knowing a sidekick, hero, or villain's identity is forbidden, but the hero and his sidekick had been best friends since first grade, so when they were selected for the team they immediately told each other. At first the sidekick was a little salty that she wasn't a hero, but she quickly got over it once she found out the hero she would be working with was her best friend. The hero quickly glanced over the text sent from his sidekick, which had basically asked if they could meet at 'their spot' at 10. The hero quickly replied back with a 'yes' and closed his phone.

The Hero quickly slipped into a pair of jeans and a Nike t-shirt. He then picked up his phone, checking the time. shoot, he was going to be late. The Hero opened up his phone and texted the sidekick. "Hey, sorry I'm going to be late!". He looked over the message before sending it. 'Yea that's good' he thought, clicking the send button and rushing out the door. The Hero ran down the street, hurrying to where he and the Sidekick were meeting. He stopped abruptly once he reached his destination, scanning the park to see if he could make out the familiar face of the sidekick. His eyes searched every corner until finally, there she was. He waved at her, noticing how nice she looked in her green capris and white blouse. She waved back jokingly, smiling. The Hero smiled too as he walked towards her, approaching her slowly

"Hey goof-ball, what's up?" The Sidekick asked in a joking tone. "Not much, you?" "I'm good. Just came here to meet you." She said, looking around again. A sudden gust of wind blew by, making her shiver. "Hey, remember that fight yesterday?" The sidekick asked, looking The Hero in the eyes. The Hero laughed and responded back sarcastically. "Which one?". " I don't know, maybe the one where you 'accidentally' pinned the villain down and you guys looked like you were about to kiss?" The Hero's face flushed as he looked away. "Um- yes- I uh- I remember that one" The Hero responded, finding it hard not to stutter. "Well... I was such a good, loyal, amazing-"

The Hero glared at her before interrupting. "Get to the point" The sidekick rolled her eyes before continuing. "So, I took a few pictures of you guys in that position!" The sidekick gleamed as she spoke. The Hero's mouth opened in shock, and blush started to crawl up his face. "What are you saying? You wouldn't..." The Hero trailed off, knowing what she had planned. "Trust me goofball, you won't want to miss this one". The sidekick grinned ear to ear. The Hero's phone let out a loud 'ding!' signaling he had been sent a message. The hero opened up his messages app and looked at the message that The Sidekick had sent him. 

The hero's face flushed as he saw the string of photos that The Sidekick had sent. The hero quickly closed the app and shut off his phone. "So~ what do you think?" The Sidekick said in a mocking tone. "Um- I think that we should drop this and- uh- pretend it never happened." After a while, the sidekick eventually agreed to drop the subject and continue with life. "So, ice cream party?" The sidekick asked, letting out a small giggle. "Yes Blaire, ice cream party."