After my graduation party

Its been a week since my graduation party, and I was finally able to take time to think about how to start out on my journey to find my father. When it came to talking to mom after my graduation party about my future plans, we both had very different ideas of what to do. The first time we talked about plans was while mom was sitting at the kitchen table.

"Honey, we need to talk more about your plans now that you have graduated," Mom said as she motioned for me to sit in the chair next to her.

I sighed and sat down. "Is there a reason I can't just have some time to adjust to not being hounded by school and running around like crazy?"

"Leila, You have had over 2 weeks since graduation. I want you to talk with me so we can figure out what your future will look like."

"I already know what I want to do with my future, or at least what I want to try and achieve first." I told her and looked at her. 

"And what is that?" She looked at me, determined to get an answer.

"I want to figure out who my father is, or at least where I came from!" I raised my voice at her, knowing that was not the answer she wanted from me. 

"Why is that so important for you? You have a loving family here, and we know where our family is from."

"Mom, you know I have always wanted to know who my dad is. Yet, NO ONE has a clue who he is or where the F**K he is!!" I raised my voice more, showing I was clearly getting frustrated.

"I want you to just accept who you are, even if you are more unique than everyone else." She motions to my wings and my birthmark of a pentagram. "I want you to be a normal young adult. I want you to be successful. I would like you to consider going to college rather than just wasting your time getting nowhere." She said, trying to just get her point across but being upset.

I stood up and forcefully pushing in my chair, nearly knocking it over. "ME, WASTING MY TIME! It would not be wasting my time trying to figure out who my other parent is. It's not wasting my time unless you know more than you are telling me."

I walked out of the room, around the corner, up the stairs, and down the hallway to my bedroom. I closed the door behind me and sat on my bed. I knew I took things to much to heart; mom just wanted what she thought was best for me, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

I would never consider college unless I figured out who I was first.

Leila's JourneyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara