So It Begins

Carolina "Carry" Wells fell in love for the first time when she was only four years old. She didn't fall in love with a boy or with some celebrity like most kids and teens do these days, she fell in love with one of God's most magnificent creations, the horse. Carry so desperately wanted that pony she saw at the fair so her parents decided to sign her up for lessons when she turned six. After two long years of waiting she finally got what she wanted.

She learned English and Western and got good very quickly and by age eight she was showing her English pony, copper, a 12.2 hand tall, sorrel colored welsh pony. She was starting up with barrel racing on her quarter pony named Rex, a 14.3 hand tall buckskin pony. Carry did very well and continued to love her horses and to move through the ranks.

For her tenth birthday she got new horses that would last her longer because they were taller. she got Secret, a 16.2 hand tall of the track thoroughbred gelding, he was 10 years old and she would use him for jumping. She also got Phantom, a 15.3 hand tall quarter horse gelding that was 12 years old that she would use for barrel racing, pole bending, roping, and reigning.

The true reason she fell in love with horses and continues to ride isn't for the competition or for the ribbons, she in it for what it does to her soul. When you so much as even touch a horse or look into his eyes you feel different, you feel what it's really like to be free.