29. Arianna

"I'm sorry" I cried holding him as he bled out, "I'm sorry, baby please" I begged, his breathing was frantic, his eyes were heavy. "Stay with me, Rubin, stay with me. You're gonna be okay" I begged, he shook his head "No, no baby don't think that. You're gonna be okay" I cried. I watched as his eyes slowly closed and his breath faded "No, no, Rubin stay with me, Rubin please. Baby, stay with me" I cried.

I opened my eyes, tears running down my face. I sat up and tried to figure out where I was, A hospital? I thought. As I went to sit up I felt a weight on me, I looked down and saw an arm across my waist, I looked behind me and found Rubin asleep. His arm wrapped around me, I was in his bed, I laid back down on my back. 

I put my hands on my forehead and sighed, "Ari?" I heard Rubin say softly. I turned my head and saw him waking up. "Yeah, I'm right here" I comforted, he opened his eyes and his face looked worried. "Why are you crying?" He asked and I hadn't realized I still had tears on my face. "Oh" I sighed, wiping my face, "Bad dream" I sniffled 'About what?" He asked, sitting up. "Just you, and me. It's nothing really, barely remember it" I lied. 

I wiped the tears off my face and he sighed, I sighed as well. I felt his hand begin to rub my back and I looked back at him, "I know you're lying, you never just forget those dreams. You can tell me" He comforted and I looked down at my hands as they were on my lap "I know but, it's a really bad one" I paused "Let's just say, it was one where you didn't make it" I explained and his face changed from curious to concerned. I sighed and turned towards him. "It's okay, it was just a dream" I reassured "I told you, I will protect you from everything. Even dreams" he said running his hands through my hair, "It was just a dream" I sighed. "I don't care, it's hurting you" He whispered. I gave up and chuckled, I placed my head on his shoulder. 

He continued to run his fingers through my hair, I shut my eyes and exhaled. I felt myself drifting back off to his breathing, how his chest rose and fell. Before I knew it I was back asleep in his arms, right where I felt safest.

                                                                                            ⧼---------♡--------⧽

"You have to understand her" I heard Rubin say as I woke up, my vision blurry at first but slowly my father came into view, he was standing at the foot of Rubin's bed. "What's going on?" I groaned sitting up "Nothing-" "No it's not nothing. He won't listen" Rubin interrupted "Really, again?" I asked "I just don't see why you're reacting like this, when Will got shot 2 years ago you were fine" He sassed and I scoffed "Will was grazed with a bullet, he actually got shot. There's a difference" I said, my voice filled with anger. 

He sighed looking down in annoyance, his eyes rose and he looked at me in anger. "I don't understand why you are so upset, Rubin is okay" My father stated "Yeah, now he is" I sassed "Arianna, Rubin is safe now. I don't understand why you are still upset-" "BECAUSE YOU ALMOST GOT HIM KILLED" I shouted "Ari..." Rubin sighed, placing his hand on mine, I exhaled and my father sighed "He could've been more careful." He stated "no YOU should've told him that Travis had his guys there" I fought. 

My father growled under his breath "Arianna, I've tried to protect him, and I've tried to protect you-" "YOU ONLY PROTECT ME TO KEEP YOUR NAME OFF THE TARGET LIST. You protect me in order to stop me from doing "stupid shit" so your name isn't in the books. Yet you send Rubin on a suicide mission, and he very well could've been killed. THAT the ONLY reason you care about me" I fought. Rubin sighed and my father looked at him then back at me, "You weren't this upset when Marcus got stabbed last year. He nearly died" My father stated and I looked at him in shock. 

"You did not just go there" I threatened and he just kept eye contact "GET OUT" i exclaimed but he didn't move "OUT" I screamed and Will entered the room, "Why are you shouting?" He asked "get him out" I demanded "Ari-" "NOW"

Will removed my father and i sat down with Rubin, he looked distraught "Hey, don't" I comforted "That's fucked up" He growled "I know. He's fucked up" "No that is FUCKED. Comepletley, and utterly FUCKED" Rubin exclaimed. I hugged him and he wrapped his arms around me, he held me tight. "It's okay" I comforted rubbing his back. That was too far, my father went way too far.