Ch 9: Still Alive

Sorry guys...*deep sigh*...life. You know how it is. So, I'm gonna try to update more frequently. Thursdays was both ambitious and an epic fail. I just got super busy and uninspired but now my inspo is back. So expect more updates.
Not sure what the new schedule will be but I will let you know when I come up with something manageable for myself.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Zia held her breath for five seconds, but she didn't hear the dragon anymore. He was gone. Her friends must have come to the same conclusion because Scanlan's voice sounded from the depths of the rock-echoing from the protective sphere of vines.

"Uh, get me out. Get-get me out!" Scanlan pleaded voice muffled from wherever his mouth was pressed. "I'm trapped under Grog's ass!"

In response to the request, Grog and Trinket burst out of the rocks making an opening- the vines did the rest, working to clear the rest of the rocks away-Zia included.

The crystals that had formed cracked under the pressure and shattered as the boulders passed over them.

Zia slid down the pile as it shifted, careful to hold the hand with her ripped glove close to her chest and not touch anything else.

"So... this is what rock bottom feels like." Percy commented from where he lay on the ground.

"You were under Zia?" Scanlan rubbed at his head as he walked out from the dome of vines. "Lucky, her ass is way better than Grog's."

"I was under everyone if you couldn't rightly tell." Percy complained from where he lay. "People really need to stop piling on top of me. It's becoming quite cumbersome. Would you all get off me already?"

Vex rose to her feet Vax following the action.
Pike followed the half elves out of the structure. "At least we're still alive, thank the Everlight." Pike turned to Zia as the gnome cleric brushed some dirt and crystal dust from her arms. "And you too, Z. That was some quick slashing you did. I don't know what we would've done if it came down in one big slab."

"We likely would have met our ends for real." Percy walked out, righting his glasses. "Thank you, Zia."

"And thanks to Keyleth for the giant shrub." Vax pulled a thorn from his ass. "But did you have to make it so thorny?"

"Forget the thorns. How about we talk about the damned crystals, shall we?" Vex shook her bow free of the sparkly stone. "Zia could've skewered us." Vex glared at the statuette. Seemingly short on thanks to give. "Care to explain darling? Last I checked, you said that curse of yours was well managed."

"It is!" Zia protested clutching her ripped glove hand even closer. "The gloves work...when there's not a gaping hole in them at least. Do you know how sharp that dragons scales were?"

"Clearly not as sharp as you trying to change the subject." Vex looked at Zia unimpressed.

"That dragon." Keyleth's voice sounded from within the dome of vines, panicked and shaken.   Ending Vex and Zia's argument before it could take root. She sat still in her dome of vines knees bent underneath her as she trembled. "Vex is right. It wanted us dead. We almost... died."

"Except we didn't die." Pike walked over to her and rested her hands on the other druids shoulders. "Because of you, Keyleth. You hear me? We're alive because of you."

"It's true." Zia looked to Keyleth as she was guided out of her vine dome. "Real good spell casting."

"Heh, thanks, Zia." Keyleth smiled at her, but frowned as her eyes shifted to Grog. He was wounded.

"Grog." Keyleth's eyes held concern. "You're hurt."

"Nah." The giant was quick to deny the claim. "Just a flesh wound."