Prologue

Deep within the walls of Winterfell, where hidden lives dwell, time has passed since the rebellion, leaving only three surviving Targaryens: Daenerys, Viserys, and their forsaken half-sister, Alysane. Once welcomed by her trueborn siblings, Alysane was what she saw as cruelly abandoned, left to fend for herself in a harsh world.

Refusing to succumb to such betrayal, Alysane vowed to survive. Uncertain of her path, she understood the perils faced by an unprotected girl at a tender age. She cleverly disguised herself, dyeing her few strands of blond hair to match her brown locks and giving herself an unrelated bastard name. Joining a traveling troupe of actors, she became their diligent assistant, washing garments and preparing meals. Though a well-treated bastard due to her mother's high standing, Alysane never considered herself above hard labor.

Years later, when the troupe halted in the North, a stoic Alysane seized the opportunity presented by Winterfell's shrewdness. Leaving the actors behind, she embarked on a quest to amass enough stolen wealth, envisioning a brighter future for herself. Eventually, she acquired a brothel within Winterfell's protective embrace. Tales of lords and their  Whores and "birds"  in King's Landing had always intrigued her, and Alysane, yet no man decided to indulge in such activities and continuing the Targaryen's "queer customs".

Surrounded by loyal whores and riches within her grasp, Alysane remained discontented. Her true desire surpassed material possessions and fleeting encounters. Despite the perception shaped by her thoughts, deeds, and the whispers of others, Alysane possessed a capacity for kindness and sweetness, rarely witnessed by those who crossed her path.

As a bastard unmentioned in any prophecy, Alysane harbored an unwavering belief in her importance long before she even took her first step.