chapter twenty-eight

I haven't updated the book in awhile to let you guys vote on who you want. And I also wanted blitzø, but the striker simps have spoken and we do not break the voting law. So, blitzø I'm sorry but striker won. Here you simps go.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The school bell rang loudly throughout the dirty school. Signaling the bored imps, hellborns, and young sinners it was time to head out. Excited chatter filled the halls as you walked along side Charlie and vaggie, carrying your bag of homework and a School project you still had to finish.

You really weren't paying attention to what Charlie was saying, being to focused on striker's more enticing note. What did he want to tell you? Was it important? Well only one way to find out.

"Hey, guys I'm staying after school for a bit. So I won't be able to make it to your sleepover... I'm really sorry." You spoke, shoving your hand into your pocket.

Husk pushed past the two couple sending you a charming smile. "Alright sorry outta my way- hey! Y/n wanna go hang out?" He asked cheerily, sending you a rare smile. "Uhhh... Listen... I'll uh- wait... How'd you even get in?"

You asked looking around, guards were filling out into the halls, scouring them probably for husk no doubt. "Uh- I'll see ya later!" He shouted before taking off as the guards chased after him guns in hand.

Vaggie huffed, fixing her outfit as she moved back next to you. "It's fine. We'll meetup next weekend right?" She asked fixing her bow as Charlie bounced back up next to her.

Smiling brightly she nodded, taking vaggie's hand into her's. "It's fine!"

You smiled, nervously chuckling as you walked alongside them, stopping at the exit as they left.

Turning around you walked through the empty halls, your footfalls echoing throughout the quiet school.

You felt guilty for choosing striker over blitzø but you've known striker far longer than blitzø and whatever damage you have done can be fixed later. Hell he was probably going to suggest pranking your father again, which never ends well.

You stepped out into the school yard, surveying the empty land before you as you made your way towards a dying oak tree, the leaves that were once a vibrant red now dull and dried, hanging loosely on the dried breaking branches.

You hummed softly to yourself as you spotted striker chilling against the dead tree, craving into a piece of wood making what seemed to be a horse, possibly bombproof. "Hey!" You greet him cheerily, your wings tucking black behind you as you get closer, stepping on dead leaves.

He smiled, his tail rattling softly as he pushed himself up off the tree, putting his knife away. "Took ya long enough," he spoke, his Texas accent stronger the older he got.

"Yeah well, I have stuff I need to do too, striker. Because unlike you I don't skip classes." You huffed out, putting your bag on the ground next to the tree as he chuckled his tail lightly slapping your arm. "Oh, hush."

You snort coming to stand next to him, "anyways- what did you want to talk about?"

He sucked in a breath, his tail rattling nervously. "Well, we're almost adults now, you haven't dated anyone in school and I'm taking a guess that's because of your father and his gun," he started, being right on point.

"Okay?" You looked at him confused. He sighed, tail flicking behind him, "you really are dense huh?" You gasped out, smacking his arm. "Am not!"

He ignored you chuckling, "anyways- cupcake," he used your father's nickname for you, "I think we make an amazing team together," he spoke confidently, tail curling around your leg, "... Friendship wise?" You question, causing striker to deflate.

"What?! No! Date, I'm talking about a relationship. A none platonic relationship," he said.

"Oh!" You chuckled nervously, "uh-... Will my father allow it?"

He smiled broadly, flashing you his sharp pointy teeth, "why he's the one who suggested bringing it up to you!" He pulled you into his side, "so, whatcha say darlin'?"

You smiled up at him, his cologne wafting around you like a cloud. "Sure," you weren't good when it came to talking but striker knew that was a yes.

"Great!" He said, puffing his chest out, "now, my dad is eager too see you, so he kinda already decided to make a dinner meeting with your family." He smiled as he spoke, nose twitching.

"Oh, that's fine." You smiled at him, wings shifting behind you as they settled back. "Just as long as Chaz stays away from me," you say his name with a grimace.

"No offense but I can't stand your brother," you say as you pick up your bag, striker shrugged, unbothered. "I get that a lot when it comes to my brother. Mostly because he's a retard." You chuckled, used to striker's bluntness.

You both leave the school yard, walking back to 'not a Mafia town'.

Word count 842