1

"You're excellent (F/n)," her dad said patting her back proudly. Of course she did excellent, there wasn't a soul in the world that could out beat her amazing cello skills. She could only that her dad and her cello professor for how far she has gone.

The room went silent as she began to put her cello away. "You start school again." Her dad said catching her attention.

"I'm still at Welton?" She asked, her dad nodded. She never liked Welton, the boys there weren't big fans of her presence. No one was a big fan of her presence. "Why couldn't I go to Henley Hall?"

"I already told you this. You're a (L/n), my father and my fathers father all attended Welton, and because I have no sons you will now go to Welton to continue that tradition." He explained for the 100th time.

"But, no one at Welton likes me. Not even the Headmaster is fond of my presence. I'm always given such a hard tome because I'm a girl." She complained. She knew her father wouldn't change his mind. It was his legacy after all that is at stake.

She wished he had gotten a son, but her mom died giving birth to her.

"You just have to warm them up to you," he said again.

"Dad, this is my third year at Welton, no one has warmed up to me." She mumbled.

"Enough of this," he said this time angry. "You'll go to Welton and you'll go to Medical school. You'll marry a boy from Welton and will bear him sons." He said before angrily exiting the room.

She sat there, her cello in its case. Her whole life was planned for her. She was to get top marks, take the constant name calling and isolation, marry a boy that her father choices, go to medical school to be a doctor, bare her husbands children and become a stay-at-home mom. She knew what her life was to become.

She finished packing her cello. She felt a wave of sadness rush through her. How could she not feel sad? She wanted to take control of her life. She wanted to play in the orchestra. She wanted to tour the world, go to France. She wanted to be famous, to maybe start an acting career. She didn't want children, will not till she's at least thirty and already lived her life.

But she couldn't, she had no control over her life. She couldn't do what she wanted and live for what she wanted. She had to make her dad proud. She's his only child and will always be his pride and joy.

She got up and left the room, she climbed the stairs and entered her bedroom. In a week she'll be in the hour long journey to Welton Academy. There she'll endure the bullying and the constant flirtation of all the boys. She was the only girl there.