Chapter One

Soule - Time of the 2nd sunset

The early morning was perfect for a crime. Dark hours between two and three is the plan, in and out within fifteen minutes. Thunder and lightning roared and winds breezed heavily in the mountains; a particular mountain where the prize was kept.  It was his hardest assignment, yet the burden of its challenge had not brought him into resolve. It was five till 0200 hours, and the student shall now turn in his homework.

You would think that a supposed criminal would be draped in black, but this particular person engulfed himself in a navy uniform as if he served as a captain on a cruise ship and clasped across his eyes was a tight grey velvet masquerade mask, it complimented his silver hair that hung loose in the breeze. Elegant and with an air of 14 years, he called himself nothing but Souledos, and so did his superiors. He had no weapons of any kind to aid his mission, yet the flawlessness of his parkour gave him a silent advantage to climb up the edge of the cliff of the mountain and upward the building that guarded the precious target.

As a cat to its prey, stealth was on his side. The boy crept up undetected and slipped into an unguarded window. The building felt cold as castle concrete and echoed as a drum’s hollow. Souledos walked down the empty hallway and admired the paintings. It was beautiful, expensive curtains hung and draped in beige highlights, hallway carpeted in red and gold linings, as well as priceless paintings and statues placed across the halls. These artifacts and luxurious decorations were nothing compared to what he was here for. Without hesitation, he whistled down the red carpet with his hands behind his back as if he lived in those walls.
“I’m coming mon chéri.” Souledos smiled and knocked lightly on the door at the end of the hallway.