1

Dazai POV

As I walked out of the agency, I felt the cold wind. It's hard to feel the outside temperature or weather inside the agency because of the heating and cooling system.

It's a windy day today. And also the sky is covered in dark clouds. Seems as if it's going to rain tonight. I'd be delighted if it does. While human beings consider rain as a sad and depressed  weather, I find it enjoyable. It's because I find the relaxing sound of the rain (kind of) a way to escape reality. It's like I can listen to it for hours without any worries.

Hmm? A raindrop?

Perhaps the rain started before I expected it to.

While others without umbrella were running and rushing to get to the shelter, I was walking at my slow pace. I would've maybe rushed as well if I had something to save or protect. These human beings probably have cash or important office documents that they're so eager to protect. But I have nothing.

I walk into a cafe. I'm actually a regular customer here. There was a woman who used to work here. I'm saying used to not because she left, but because she's dead. Two years ago, her and I jumped into the sea in the intention of killing our selves. She died. I was saved.
Kinda wish I wasn't tho. She was a nice woman.

As I walk in, they recognize me. As a regular, they knew what I wanted and I was served my cheap beer.

They put it on my tab and I left for the apartment I stay at.

I don't usually have any money. Whatever I earn from my job, I spend it in two or three days on alcohol, meds/drugs, cigarettes or prostitutes. But lately I've had some money at least. It's because I've lost all interest in those idiot-prostitutes.

My room reeked of cigarettes and alcohol. Bet if anyone from the agency were to show up, they'd show their concern and pity me. And I don't want that. That is why I try to keep a low profile by clowning so I'd be nothing in their eyes.

I walk into my room and see her. The daughter of the landlord. I don't have enough money to pay the full rent so I pay it off by tutoring her daughter and fulfilling her (the landlord's) desires. Both of them show me quite the affection because of my looks. I'm sure looks are the only reason why. Why else would some one let an addict without money live in their property.

I quietly come in and lay on my bed, not bothering to do anything, like change my clothes which were completely drenched in rain.

"Dazai-san! You're completely drenched! "

She kept on nagging me got me to change out of my wet clothes. The only thing I owned beside my those clothes that I wear to the agency was a night suit which was made out of cotton.

I once again laid down on the bed.

She was writing something. Of course she wouldn't just show me if I asked so I asked her to run an errand for me.

"Hey Seiko, would you mind going to the drug store near by and getting me some sleeping tablets? I'm over exhausted and I can't sleep.. "

"I'll get it! " She said happily as she got up from the study table and fixed her skirt.

"About the money.. Ask them to put it on my tab as always.. "

Atsushi's POV

I was at the drug store picking up some supplies requested by Yosano-sensei. I was waiting behind a girl. She was really pretty. She seemed very healthy too. She had long dark brown hair; kinda reminds me of Dazai-san.

"Can you please pack some sleeping tablets? "

Does she have sleeping problem? She looks like a high schoolar. How much work is school giving to poor students nowdays..

".. And put it on Mr. Dazai's tab. "

....what?

"Oh I swear, that Dazai. He's going to overdose one of these days if this keeps going on.. Didn't he take some yesterday.. "

I hand the lady the list Yosano-sensei gave me but I couldn't stop thinking of what she said.. Do they both know Dazai-san? How..? And.. Does Dazai-san has sleeping problem? Should I tell this to others?

Hello! I hope u guys liked reading it. I'll only continue if u guys like it so pls do tell me.
Thank u.

Over n out!