03

I pace back and forth in my room, feeling the weight of my situation pressing down on me. The hours stretch on, and with each step, the pain in my leg intensifies. I wince but refuse to let it deter me. There are bigger things to worry about right now.

My mind races, trying to make sense of being a member of the Twilight Gang. I recall snippets of conversations with my uncle, who used to tell me stories about gangs and their initiation processes. He would say that to become a true member, you had to prove yourself. It was never something I paid much attention to, dismissing it as one of his random tidbits of knowledge picked up somewhere along the way. But now, those words echo in my mind.

If what my uncle said is true, then in my case, all I did was spend their money. I feel a pang of guilt at the thought. Is that really all it takes? Have I been accepted into the gang without earning my place? It doesn't sit right with me. There must be more to it than that.

I stop pacing and sit on the edge of the bed, massaging my throbbing leg. The room feels suffocating, and I long for some clarity, for a way to understand the situation I find myself in. I need answers.

I know I can't stay here. If I stay here, I'll surely end up like my uncle or maybe worse. I shiver at Troy assuming I was the gang's slut just by my presence alone. It makes me wonder if there are any other women in my circumstance.

My eyes wander around the room, taking in the white walls and the opulent decor. It's a stark contrast to the reality outside these walls, where the Twilight Gang thrives in darkness and chaos. My mind drifts back to Gael's words—this is my new home. But what does that really mean? How can I find my place in this unfamiliar world?

Taking a deep breath, I resolve to uncover the truth. I will not remain in the dark, blindly accepting my circumstances. I will seek out information, observe the dynamics of the gang, and learn what it truly means to be a member. There must be a purpose, a role I can play, beyond being an accidental addition to their ranks.

I get up from the bed, feeling a surge of determination coursing through me. My eyes scan the room, searching for something, anything, that could aid me in my quest for answers. And then I spot it—a tall lamp standing proudly by the corner. Its height and weight offer a glimmer of hope.

I approach the lamp, my heart pounding in my chest. With a deep breath, I grip the top part of the lamp firmly, preparing myself for what I'm about to do. In one swift motion, I wrench the top off, revealing a long and sturdy stick hidden within.

As I hold the makeshift weapon behind my back, the door creaks open unexpectedly. I instinctively hide the broken lamp top, hoping Gael won't notice. But there he stands, arms crossed, his piercing gaze fixed upon me.

"Why are you standing in the dark?" he asks, his voice laced with suspicion.

Caught off guard, I quickly conjured up a response. "I... I fell asleep," I lied, trying my best to sound casual.

Gael studies me for a moment, his eyes narrowing ever so slightly. I can feel his gaze searching for any signs of deception. The tension in the air is palpable, and I hold my breath, fearing that my secret will be uncovered. The then enters the room and turns on the light. Shit.

I try my best to hide the  broken lamp behind me. Gael takes menacing steps toward me until we are close enough. Close enough for me to take the stick and stick it through his gut. Gael meets my eyes then he smirks.

"You think I'm stupid?"

"What?" I blink.

"I know you are trying to escape."

"Thanks captain obvious."

His lips twitch like he finds me amusing. "I thought you'd calm down after staying here but it seems you are a lot more argumentative than I expected. Just like your uncle."

I hold on to the stick, trying to find the right time to catch him off guard. "Go to hell." I spit.

I stand there, my heart pounding in my chest, as Gael hovers over me with a look of fear in his eyes. The sight of my uncle pleading for his life fills me with a surge of anger and a desire for revenge. I can see the reflection of my own fury in Gael's dark blue eyes, mirroring the battle raging within me.

Without thinking, I react instinctively, clutching the broken lamp tightly in my hands and thrusting it toward Gael. But he moves swiftly, intercepting my attack and yanking the lamp from my grasp. The sound of shattering glass fills the air as the lamp crashes to the floor, irreparably broken.

I step back, my breath quickening, expecting retaliation from Gael. But instead, he surprises me by discarding the broken lamp, as if it holds no significance. He saunters toward me, his presence both intimidating and captivating. I try to maintain my composure, playing a game of cat and mouse, stepping back as he moves closer.

My back hits the wall, leaving me with nowhere to escape. I can feel Gael's warmth radiating near me, his proximity overwhelming. A shiver runs down my spine as he leans in close, his lips brushing against my ear. The whispered words send a jolt through me.

"Get cleaned up, and come down in an hour," Gael murmurs, his voice both commanding and seductive. "Or I might have to drag you down myself."

He leans away from me and I can catch my breath once more. I want to scream at him but I don't know if that will be effective. As Gael leaves the room, I'm left standing against the wall, my mind racing with questions. Why does he want me to come downstairs? And most importantly, what lies ahead for me in this twisted world of the Twilight Gang? The only thing I can do now is play his game, and  find a way to leave this forsaken place.

꧁꧂

this is the end of chapter three I hope you guys are liking the story so far. I havent figured out a date to post new chapters. I was thinking between monday, Wednesday and friday evening. Please vote, comment, and add this story to your library!