39

"aeri!" niki shouts as he runs towards her.

this can't be...

for a second, his mind went blank.

what is happening?

he couldn't keep a single promise now, could he?

"i'm sorry. i'm so sorry," with his trembling hand he reaches for his phone from his pocket to call the ambulance.

he can't, can't see aeri like this at all, as if his heart has been shattered, can barely stop his tears from falling.

"hello, jangmi. a-are you at the hospital right now?" he's so nervous, finding it hard to organise all the words together.

"what happened, niki? and yes, i'm here, with jake," jangmi replies.

"i'm coming. with aeri.." didn't plan to come in this way though.

"is everything alright?"

"she- she got into an accident,"

regret.

that's all he feels now.

why did it happen again?

why couldn't he save the other.. again

could it not go how he planned? how he planned to tell her everything today. everything. so that he can finally move on. so that she knows the truth. and everything that needs to be told.

why kept everything to myself till now? why am i always so late?

"you'll be alright. everything's gonna be alright, aeri," niki whispers as he caress her skin, wiping the blood.

"i am late. that's what i feared. but time's so cruel. it's so cruel," he wipes his tears from his skin.

this is not the time for this. all that matters now is she and her life.

he can barely hold it anymore. he's losing it. he is not losing someone again, is he? not this time too...

there was jangmi outside of the hospital, waiting for them while nurses were busy taking aeri to the emergency.

"niki, how-" jake asked but did not finish. "nevermind let's go now."

-

"she will wake up approximately in 48 hours, don't worry," the doctor says as he pats niki's shoulder. he looks devastated.

"may i ask a question? who is she to you?" the doctor asks.

"a good friend?"

"or maybe more than that, young man. i can see it in your face," he smiles. "take care."

niki just faintly smiles.

"hello niki. i'm coming. which room is she in now?" jangmi was out to buy some food. so now she phone calls him to know where aeri has been shifted from the operation room.

"room 302."

"next to my cousin's?"

"yes, next to jungwon hyung's."

_________________________________

sorry for updating so late. i was just being so lazy T^T
don't forget to vote and leave some comments :) have a good day lovelies <3