Chapter 1

It could have been days, it could have been weeks. It could have been months, it could have been years. But she would never know. Never in the world would she know. Time was irrelevant to her. Lifetimes of years went by without a single trace of what happened that day. Nothing stuck out unless it was something more serious, like a war, or a massacre. Those always stood out. When would they not? No one could ignore the craters left from weapons used in wars, with their corpses amongst them, or the blood on the stone paths and on the ground left from the people lost... Those would always stick out to the Goddess. Never would it not. She sighed as she watched the mortals play their games. She yawned in boredom, yearning for some action, something she could see to know what century it was. Their weapons could tell her, the houses could tell her. But this town had huts. Huts did not tell her. Huts had been around for lifetimes. Huts didn't tell her a thing. So she waited. Waited for a sign to tell her.

Lilith was the Goddess of War. She shared this with her brother, Max. She was jealous of that -- Why couldn't it just be her!? Why was there a need for two war gods!? She had a bad relation with her brother -- he'd fallen in love with the God of Love, Caspian. War gods didn't need to fall in love. No God did. But... Then again... If they didn't, there would be no heirs. No one to take the roles given to the children of the Gods. She sighed as she walked, her longsword sheathed in its holster, looking at one person -- one mortal -- to another. She was tired... But she couldn't sleep, she could miss a good fight. She hated to miss fights. She always wanted to take part in those. They were her calling, after all.

Meanwhile, Max was minding his business and hanging out with Caspian. He figured Lilith could deal with some brawls on her own. He'd been doing them all recently, and it'd been getting on his sister's nerves that she wasn't there to do it. To fight. "So, Lily gets a turn, huh?" Caspian asked with an adorably curious head tilt. Max smiled at the God of Love.
"Yep, and I get to sit here and chill out with my guy." Max answered with a chuckle as he gently nudged Caspian with his elbow. Caspian giggled and teased Max.
"Oh stop, you're making me blush..." He put his hands on his cheeks for emphasis of an actual blush that was beginning to form. It made Max laugh. Gods, it felt good to laugh again. Caspian had begun to giggle as well, smiling happily when he heard Max laugh. He knew it wasn't rude laughter, but happy, lovely laughter. The two sat, smiling as Caspian began again, "I heard a certain God friend of ours is gonna be visiting soon." He said almost nonchalantly, but the news always left him brimming with excitement.
"Oh? Who?" Max asked, curious.
"I'll give you a hint," Caspian teased, "This God is verry powerful..."
"Give me another."
"This God is a... Crea--"
"Ethan!" Max exclaimed with a happy smile, "He's visiting!? That's amazing!" Max said with a smile full of positive excitement. Caspian laughed at it, just as excited, "I know!! He'll be here next week." He smiled.
"So, like, hours to us?" Max joked, making Caspian laugh harder.
"I suppose that'd be accurate." He said through his laughter, making Max laugh. The two teenage Gods laughed for a while, before stopping when they saw a fire bloom below. "Another fight...?" Caspian guessed. As they watched, they heard the bullets fire. The screams. The two armies coming nearer to each other.
"War." Max said gravely, "And it's led by the God of Wrath..."

Liam was the God of Wrath. He enjoyed the wars that ensued the world that was Earth. He smirked even now at the chaos that enveloped the war raging in its earliest phases. Then he saw her. Goddess of War. He grinned with a chuckle as he started to make his way towards her. He heard her yelling commands at the village's small army... But Liam's side had more. Many more. Almost 1,000 armed men and one powerful God as opposed to just barely 500 men and one skilled Goddess... It was obvious who'd win, and who would surely bite the dust. He smiled at the thought -- another head of a weaker God for his collection.