19.<3

A/N THE NEXT CHAP WILL BE THE END :-( I ' M SO EMOTIONAL NOW.FOR THE END STORY HAS TO HAVE MORE THAN 1,800 reads and 200 votes sorry :(

Lucy stared at the stacks of bags that were waiting at the door; she had managed to pack everything she needed back into her suitcases that she came with. It was a strange feeling, looking at your life packed up like it was not a big deal. It was enough to make Lucy sick.

Lucy looked out the large window that hung in Niall’s living room and thought back to all the times she laid on the couch and watched the sun set and rise with Niall. She felt a sharp stabbing pain in her chest when she let herself get lost in her reverie and immediately brought herself back to reality as Niall’s voice called out to her.

“Are you sure I can’t take you to the airport?” Niall asked in a hurt tone.

Lucy turned around to see the Irishman with his hands stuffed into his jeans’ pockets. His hair was flat and his eyes were sad and deep, just like the ocean she was about to cross to go home.

“You and I both know that’s a bad idea, Niall.” Lucy returned in a quiet voice.

The flight back from London was rough. There was an excessive amount of silence and an even larger amount of tension between the two. She had lost control during the fight and because of her carelessness in how she expressed her anger Molly Piper was laid up in a hospital somewhere in London with internal bleeding and slight brain damage. It was the last straw for Lucy. She didn’t know how she could continue a career in Ireland if she was known for causing such harm to her competitors.

“Please don’t go” Niall’s voice cracked as Lucy adjusted the backpack slung on her shoulders.

“I have to,” she said calmly. “I’m done with boxing, at least here, at least for now. I have no purpose here anymore. My visa is for work and I quit.”

“You have me. Isn’t that enough reason? Please Lucy… please.” He was begging now. He didn’t want to go through this. He didn’t want to see her walk out of his life. He had never met someone like Lucy and he was sure he never would meet someone like her again.

“You would be enough but I don’t even know who you are anymore, Niall.” Lucy’s voice was thick with hurt, thick with venom. “You lied to me the entire time I was here. You lied about everything.” She hissed.

“I didn’t lie about loving you that was real.” Niall took a few steps towards her and was met with her icy glare.

“I’m quite sure it was,” Lucy breathed, “the thing was that I believe you, I believed everything. I even fell for you. I loved you so much, I trusted you.” She shook her head and felt tears begin to well in her eyes.

“I have to go home, Niall. I have to go home and be away from here. I need to be away from you.” She pressed her palms to her eyes and rubbed furiously as the lights of the taxi cab shone through the window.

Niall’s heart dropped at the sight of the lights shining through his window, the finality of her decision now hitting him hard. Her words didn’t help the situation either, he felt like the scum of the earth and had for a few days. As Lucy turned away from him she picked up one of her large bags and swung the front door open. She walked out of the house and dropped off one bag before she directed the cab driver of the other bags she had inside the house.

Niall helped reluctantly with the bags. It wasn’t because he wanted to; he absolutely hated the idea that he was the one walking her bags out to the cab. It was like he was giving her permission to leave and that was not the case. He would beg if he had to, get on his knees and grovel. He wanted her to stay, he needed her to. As the last bag was brought out and loaded into the trunk he grabbed Lucy’s arm and held her from getting back into the car.