chap 27

"Yoriichi, I want to take the final test."

"No." - The 609th time Yoriichio refuse this request off Rimuru.

Rimuru bites his lip while speeding up to block Yoriichi's way. He repeats every words of his request firmly, yet his tone suddenly turns soft:

"Yoi... I won't fight, won't make troubles, won't use my abilities, will remember everything you say... please let me do the final test!!"

Yoriichi sits down, asking with a serious face:

"Why do you want to become a slayer? Did someone angered you?"

"No!" - Rimuru shook his head. As long as it wasn't about Yoriichi, he would let it slide. But after sometimes, they start changing the target to him. It wasn't anything big... but...

They said Rimuru was useless and would make Yoriichi's figure bad... Rimuru would never tell Yoriichi about these stuffs so now we have a scene of Rimuru pleading Yoriichi.

"Yoi! I won't join the frontlines, I'll be in the support team. SUPPORT!!"(sorry if I translated wrong from the English version of Kny)

Supports or supporters, speaks highly, are the people who support the frontlines of the Demons layers. But to put simple, they're errands.

'No." - The 610th time getting refused.

Rimuru grinds his teeth as he jumps up, runs way. Before getting out of the door, he turns back and yells:

"I've already signed up!!! Isora's also accepted!!! You can't stop me now!!!!"

"..." Seeing Rimuru now has gone... Yoriichi suddenly knows how it's felt to have a disobedient child...

The test for supports is not as hard as the test for slayers, but it isn't easy either...

Rimuru has to go through a training program including strength training, endurance training, and flexibility training in order to participate in the emergency situation. Standing in front of the training area, Rimuru steps in with determination burning in his eyes. He will make it!!!

Later that night...

Getting impatient of waiting for Rimuru, Yoriichi went out looking for him, only to find him lifelessly lying against a tree. Yoriichi turns pale:

"Rimuru??!" 

Rimuru slowly opens his eyes. After recognizing the familiar voice, he closes his eyes again. Guess karma hits hard: The people that he provoked and insulted are the examiner of the test.

Rimuru lying lifelessly in Yoriichi's arms...

Training with Yoriichi makes him very durable but those people kept on distracting him. And the result of couldn't staying concentrate is this...

From mistakes in moving, to overused strength... full of pick hollers and unfair punishment. Some even wanted to pick a fight with him.

What the heck??! Am I not the most excellent student of Yoriichi's?!

Rimuru's exhausted, lying lifelessly on Yoriichi's back... Now the strongest slayer is having to carry his excellent student back home...

He doesn't say anything, knowing that there is no use in scolding this brat... Rimuru's good in everything... if you excluded his stubbornness.

"Rimuru, why do you want to join the supporters?"

"..." - No answer...

Yoriichi thought he has slept already so he stays silence, the moonlight gently shines their way...